Fly Fusion Forums

Camping Suggestions

So here's the skinny. I want to take advantage of the weather this weekend, I have a 15month old little girl another one on the way in just 6 weeks.

I just picked up a new tent trailer and want to go camping this weekend. Any suggestions, ~1 - 2hour radius from Calgary, flishing close by so I can sneek out in the morning before anyone is up, trailer and kid friendly....

Not looking for your honey hole.

Matt

Chain Lakes might have a playground. I can't really remember. It has some sites with hookups. The fishing certainly isn't spectacular (stocked with Bows), but you could wet your line. It is easy fishing on the southeast side of the lake from shore. There is a nice grassy area with picnic tables right along the shore where your little one could play while you and mom take turns fishing. It can get insanely windy out there though, and that is the only concern I would have.

police is pretty much frozen solid as of yesterday. I heard from a buddy that guys were out there ice fishing it last weekend. My buddy that was there yesterday figures it should be good for next weekend if the weather stays nice. alot of spots are starting to look more like a slurpee then an ice cube now i guess.

Nate

you are allowed to ice fish but can't use any bait. strictly artificial lures with no scent. If there is ice on the lake on opening day you can punch holes and drop a line. Same rules apply as open water though.

Nate