Fly Fusion Forums

Take A Vet Fishing To Sawt

I understand this is not the type of fishing usealy accepted in a Fly forum but I feel it is a subject that does deserve to be at least listened to.

This is something I am trying to put together if anyone thinks they would be interested in any way please PM.

I will donate the use of two fully insured boats and all fuel needed to compete in the up coming SAWT tournament at Travers. The boats will be outfitted with all the necessary safety equipment and portable live well so as to pass safety inspection.

The catch is you will cover the complete entrance fee and supply all fishing equipment for you and a designated Vet. You will be responsable for the boat and your partner. All winnings are yours and your partner to be devided equaly or better yet donate it to the Vet.

You will be required to adhear to all rules and regulations set out by SAWT.

If this is something you would like to do or would just like to help set up send me a PM and we will go from there.

These are the boats that are available:

The white fiberglass is a 16' Canaventure with a 85hp Merc and a Minn-kota for trolling

The Aluminum is a 14' flat bottomed river boat with a 20hp Johnson and a Minn-kota for trolling.

Sorry I cannot post a pic of the aluminum boat as I am close to a size limit allowed.

post-1844-1270134789.jpg

great Idea, used to walleye fish hard around Bay of Quinte back in Ontario but I have no way to haul a boat or any of the gear left sold it all when I switched to fly.

hope some one takes this a great idea.

what electronics are on the boats?

The Runabout has a Humminbird 718 with a quadrabeam transducer and the aluminum is actuly a flat bottomed jet boat that will have the jet removed and a 20hp prop driven Johnson on for the tournament.

Both have Minnkota trollers and will have all needed safety and required equipment.

The decision as to who will be the Veteran will not be ours to make.

I have contacted Canadian Forces Soldier on Program

http://www.cfpsa.com/en/psp/soldieron/index.asp

which will give me a list of a couple of Veterans that have been recently injured and disabled due to the Afganistan war. They will decide who in the Calgary area that would most benifit from a weekend like this.