Fly Fusion Forums

A Reel Tragedy.....

So I have this bad habit of leaving my rods and reels put together and ready to go when we are out camping in the RV. When traveling I have been known to leave them on the slideout that is now been sucked in for travel mode. As I am going over my gear from last year I seem to have found that my TFO Midge reel somehow got in the way of the movement of the slide at some point. I don't every remember having an issue but when getting the gear ready for spring the cast part of the reel that is attached to the reel seat actually cracked. Totally my fault for being lazy but now I have 2 spools with no reel so will have to start shopping around to see if they still sell that reel so I can use the loaded spools. Anyone know if they have seen that reel for sale at any local shops?

It was not a pricey reel but its a big pain to go and buy something different and reload the lines I have on new spools. I will learn a valuable lesson from this.....I hope!

I hear you Silverdoctor......I have cases for both reels that I own that has space for the spools as well.....just one of those things that I've always done to maximize my time on the water when I have a couple hours to sneak away to the river while on the family camping trip. I now see the need to at least make sure that they are in their cases/ tubes before I start shuffling gear around.

On a bright note one of the guys from TFO saw my post and has contacted me to let me know that getting it replaced should be possible as its still an existing product. So I'm stoked about that and impressed by the fact that they got in touch with me to save me time in searching for the best alternative. I will put it in the mail shortly and see what they can do.

• 3 weeks later...

The TFO gang treated me very well and 2 days after I shipped my broken reel away I had a new one in its place. Very happy I don't have to make a change to something else. Just in time to use this weekend out at Bullshead!