Fly Fusion Forums

Stream Watch Auction 2010

adc

Hey Folks......

We're gearing up for the 2010 Stream Watch Auction and I'm looking for some help.......Greg has done this for two years past and is very busy, so while he's agreed to consult, we need someone else to manage the process.......I will do my best but I tend to be somewhat "Board Illiterate" so I may need some help or patience from time to time........

Anyway, within the next week or so I will post the details, rules, etc. of the auction and get it started.......In the meantime, I need your donations so we have something to auction!!.......Please p.m. me with any items and any thoughts you may have to make this one another success......Thanks.....

Al....

Since Toolman already has a template I can steal from previous auctions, I'll do it Al. Once we get ready to roll, just send me the auction items and I'll do the administrative part. I'll also see if I can talk Troutlover into another trip to get humbled by BC Cutties!

Thanks alot for taking it on Rick.......Looking forward to having a bit of fun and raising some serious coin........Have already had several donors step up with auction items......Any new items should be p.m.'d to rickr...............

There are new items up for auction, have a look. We are starting to get donations from companies as well! Remember, the donation does not have to be fishing related.

This is a great cause. Anyone who can donate, please do. The rest of you, BID!!

I just want to say that I had the pleasure of getting out on a few of trips as a result of prior years auctions and they were all great. I got to meet some of the characters from the board, see some new water and have a blast while supporting an important cause.

ReelLife and I went on the cuttie trip with Taco who knows pretty much everything about the history of the hills south of Calgary and has a serious passion for our native species, the Central AB Brownie trip with fishpro who is a fishing fanatic and used almost every technique I know of and taught me some new ones (but could brush up on which fences are electrified and which aren't... :) ) and even hit up the Crowsnest with hawgstoppah who would probably out fish me blindfolded with his arms tied behind his back.

Seriously, all the trips were great, good people but let's not forget the even better cause this is for...

Does anyone know if any trips to some of Calgary's community lakes going to make the list this year? It would be a nice way to take the edge off during runoff...

Just copied that from the streamwatch thread. There are some great trips available, with more still to come!

I was thinking the same thing about the community lakes. I know there are a couple of folks on Sundance (come on boys!), and I think some live in McKenzie. I would offer Chaparral, but I never know how it is going to fish. Sundance and Mckenzie are both superior.

Here is a link to the auction

Auction Thread

Several items ending tomorrow, get your bids in!

And let me pitch my own Panorama trip:

We can fish whatever suits your fancy. We can do tiny headwaters up to some incredible classified waters. Last year, about 1/2 of our fishing was on familiar water, and 1/2 was pure exploratory. But the trip is yours to call as you will. Whatever you choose, I can promise some unreal scenery and hopefully some fishing to match!

Oh, and I have a brandy new topo GPS that may come in WAY handy!

Gee Rick, sounds like you don't wanna fish with me :(

P

Several items ending tomorrow, get your bids in!

And let me pitch my own Panorama trip:

We can fish whatever suits your fancy. We can do tiny headwaters up to some incredible classified waters. Last year, about 1/2 of our fishing was on familiar water, and 1/2 was pure exploratory. But the trip is yours to call as you will. Whatever you choose, I can promise some unreal scenery and hopefully some fishing to match!

Oh, and I have a brandy new topo GPS that may come in WAY handy!

Uhh,ooops? Did not even think about who was winning, just that I wanted to try to raise more money. Specifically, I want to raise more money than Taco!

And its not just mine closing, there are some unreal deals still available.

So whats all included on #17?1 or 2 anglers and where is the trip or do you get to pick?

Trip is fully guided, upper stretches of the Red Deer (I have a PDF, but I can't figure out how to post it.

Here is the text from the PDF:

Fully Guided

Adventure Angling in West Central Alberta

• Jet boat access to some

remote waters on the Red

Deer River

• One or Two Anglers

• Fishing Gear and Flies

Provided

• Lunch and Snacks

• Stepping off point near

Sundre

• Anglers need Waders

and Sense of Adventure

• For the Advanced Angler

Trip is fully guided, upper stretches of the Red Deer (I have a PDF, but I can't figure out how to post it.

Here is the text from the PDF:

Fully Guided

Adventure Angling in West Central Alberta

• Jet boat access to some

remote waters on the Red

Deer River

• One or Two Anglers

• Fishing Gear and Flies

Provided

• Lunch and Snacks

• Stepping off point near

Sundre

• Anglers need Waders

and Sense of Adventure

• For the Advanced Angler

Did he send a pdf specifically about the trip? I know when I emailed him about it he said you could choose from any of the trips he offers.

Several new items listed, including a Lake Sundance Trip from monger, some designer ladies rain footwear and a sawbuck jacket (both via fishpro-his 2nd and 3rd donations!)

I think I have one more really nice donation coming in. We will probably run these for about another week. There are some unreal deals, and we really need to step up to support this endeavor. These people are trying to protect the most sensitive areas any of us fish. All we have to do is buy stuff to support it. Or donate something. It's the least we can do.

Well, I said I had one really nice donation coming in, and here it is:

Loop AEG 9ft 5wt rod and Loop Multi 3/6 reel. Thanks to Tyler (tyfish) for this fantastic donation! Happy bidding!

Oh and while you are there, check out the other open auctions. There are some still some seriously good deals!

Another new item added, a Bow River float trip from Dutchie, and a trip to unknown waters with Taco!

And I probably should have said this before. We've had a several guides who have donated trips now. We should try to support them as much as we can. Whenever you know of somebody who is looking to book a trip, think of these guys first!!

Closing notices put up on:

10, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 for Tuesday at 10 PM.

3 new auction items started:

A "Chinook Arch over Chief Mountain" panorama view, photographed by Clive Schaupmeyer, A First Edition copy of "A River Never Sleeps" by Roderick Haig Brown, and a copy of "How to Build a Wooden Fishing Net" by Alan Kloepper and Clive Schaupmeyer, all donated by Dryfly!

Thanks Clive!!

A short auction update:

Between ended items and current bids we are currently just over $6100.00. So we've surpassed last year, but have a long ways to go to 2008. I know 2008 was a bit different economic environment than today, but no reason not to try.

There are still lots of really good buys out there! Those of you who are sitting on the sidelines, get involved. I know lots of you fish in SA. We need your involvement!

Started 2 new items:

A vintage Fly Rod and Reel from Dryfly (hey Taco, heads up!) and a 3 hr Spey Casting Lesson from Toolman.

And nobody has bid on the Bullshead trip? It's a perfect opportunity to learn how to fish one of Alberta's premier trophy lakes, and one that is only going to get better!