Fly Fusion Forums

A Sad Ending To A Frustrating Trip

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

I was visiting Dallas for a few days and was surprised to see a canal by the hotel. Turns out their are 3 kinds of catfish, 3 or more kinds of bass and crappie also in the darn thing. Problem...no FISHING ROD. Drat. Having to look at the water day in and day out and not fish. That was hard. I chatted with a guy who says the bass, crappie and cats can be caught on a fly rod.

Probably never going to be back but just a warning...if anyone goes to Dallas...take a rod.

Sun

P.S. I washed my passport in the washing machine by accident. I probably need a new one sigh...

Guest Sundancefisher
i don't think you're supposed to wash passports.

Ya...I am thinking that the picture and bar code thing looks great...the rest looks...well...like I washed it. I wonder if the US border guys are sticklers... Maybe I should get it checked out on Monday.

Guest Sundancefisher
Thanks. I never bring a rod when I am not planning on fishing. I may have to build a travel rod and put together a compact kit with the basics.

I doubt calling the hotel helps. I asked them at the desk if their were fish in the canal and lake portion...they said no. Being as you can see them and people fishing...kinda tells you do more research. I should of checked google earth.

Guest Sundancefisher
You should have just noodled for the catfish! If you brought your hands then you brought your fishing gear!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biL-QcviQGk...e=youtube_gdata

Also...while drinking the last night we thought about noodling. That green, green water running through Dallas...kinda a turn off LOL.

126barnes

Good to know the passport would work