Fly Fusion Forums

Ttravel Trailer Purchase

OK, so we've sold ur camper and are about to buy a smallish trailer (24' seem awfully big compared to our camper)

We've narrowed it down to two makes/models.

Those are the Jayco G2 23FB and the Palimino Puma 23FB.

Anybody got any good/bad stories about these or the dealers - Sunridge and Field of Dream.??

Tks in advance

We custom ordered a 26.4 foot Jayco trailer way back in 1989. It's 21 years old now, and we're still using it. We've looked at newer models over the years, but never saw anything that we liked better. At the time we bought it, Jayco was a cut above most other makes as far as quality is concerned. They've been in business for a long time, so I would assume the quality is still there. We've had the usual things to deal with that I would call normal maintenance. But overall, it was a great purchase and I have nothing but good things to say about Jayco. Terry

I have no experience with those models,but a couple of things to look at to help make your choice.

-Jacks,get the bigger one.

-Water pump location,how easy is access.Thinking adding winter anti freeze.

-Water tank is it inside or hanging underneath.

-Door width

-Hot water tank location,they can be noisy.

-furnace exhaust, some are on the door side some are on the other side

Just some things to think about.

We just sold our 27 foot Jayco last year. Was a Jayflight model that we used for 2 summers. The thing wore EXTREMELY well considering it saw only gravel roads. Even though it was a "lite" trailer, they didn't cut corners and cheap out on stuff. I'd definitely buy another one - we've owned a couple of other brands and this one is top for us.

Oh...and if resale is a factor for ya - we bought it for $24,000 used it for 2 years and sold it for $20,600. That's pretty awesome resale in my books.

What they mean by lite is what is used for the frame, on a "Lite" trailer they use aluminum studs, and standard trailers still get good old wood studs. Also all Lite trailers have a fiberglass skin, that is much more ridged than the other styles (most trailer are the new fiberglass skin but not all)