Fly Fusion Forums

Lost Camera!

SteveM

Hey, all!

I lost my silver Olympus Stylus 850SW digital camera today while at the expo. I'm pretty sure it fell from my pocket when I laid my coat on a chair outside the men's room for a few seconds. Reward & huge amounts of gratitude offered for it's safe return.

I'm hoping that in a building full of fly fishermen/women, the person who found it would realize how important this camera is to a fellow fisherman & do their best to return it. Here's hoping!

I'd love to at least get the card back; got family pics on there... :crybaby:

Thanks in advance(he says hopefully),

Steve

well that really sucks , i hate losing stuff myself , so i'll be at the show again all day on sunday , i'll ask around for you , the best thing you have going for you is it's a fly fishing show and your chances are better then if left at a mall , most people who fly fish have some honesty in them , keep your fingers crossed

Thanks for looking out, guys; I appreciate it.

Birchy: I was long gone from the expo before I realized it was missing; I called Max, he checked at the front, etc.

Before anyone says,"How do you know you didn't lose it after you left the show?"- it was in the top pocket of my coat & could only fall out if the coat was upside down. I don't remember doing any cartwheels or handstands after I left; only thing I can figure is that it fell out when I laid my coat over the arm of the chair...

Did you have someone check all the flower pots?

I'm glad this is a source of amusement for you.

Please don't feel one bit bad about the fact that I've lost a camera that I can't really afford to replace right now.

Don't fret about the fact that it contains precious family photos that can never be replaced.

Just make (crappy) jokes.

Thanks...

I'm glad this is a source of amusement for you.

Please don't feel one bit bad about the fact that I've lost a camera that I can't really afford to replace right now.

Don't fret about the fact that it contains precious family photos that can never be replaced.

Just make (crappy) jokes.

Thanks...

BTW, this post was in jest... :angel:smail:

I actually LOL'd at your post, Weedy1; if Rick wasn't watching the Colts this afternoon, he prolly woulda been saying the same thing.

Also, :masterbaiter:

I know you would have been kind enough to do the same for me had it been my camera. :lol:

I do hope it is returned as it would be awful to think that someone that attended the FF in Calgary would be so low to walk away with it.

I am not like you!!! :angel:smail:

:wave_smile: :wave_smile: :wave_smile: :wave_smile: :wave_smile: :wave_smile: :wave_smile:

YEE-HAW!

Looks like I'm gonna get my camera back! Just got a PM from a new member that my camera was found; sent a message back to make arrangements to get it back to me. So relieved!

Thanks to all of you who were good enough to look for it for me; y'all are the best!

A great big thanks to Paul; just confirms my contention that fly fishing attracts the best people!

:kicks:

AWESOME news Steve!!

P

I am not like you!!! :angel:smail:

:wave_smile: :wave_smile: :wave_smile: :wave_smile: :wave_smile: :wave_smile: :wave_smile:

YEE-HAW!

Looks like I'm gonna get my camera back! Just got a PM from a new member that my camera was found; sent a message back to make arrangements to get it back to me. So relieved!

Thanks to all of you who were good enough to look for it for me; y'all are the best!

A great big thanks to Paul; just confirms my contention that fly fishing attracts the best people!

Oh Yeah and so how do you explain me?????????????????????????????

Glad you got your camera back anywho Rev

Oh Yeah and so how do you explain me?????????????????????????????

Glad you got your camera back anywho Rev

I'm gonna go with the old standby-"There's an exception to every rule"??? :angel:smail:

I'm real glad to get my camera back, too, Taco; so many flowers just waiting for their chance to shine on a fishing forum... :P

It was nice to chat with you on Saturday. You seem like a decent enough fella; I don't believe half the crap Rick says about you...

Guest galsfishtoo

Steve, glad to hear you are getting your camera back :D I would miss your flower shots.

I still remember the panic feeling that set in when I lost my camera at the Zoo, many years ago (before digital). Unfortunately no one was honest and I lost a bunch of family stuff that was on the roll of film. Hard lesson learned.

I had said the safest place to loose something would be at a Fly Fishing show. But I think I may have spoke too soon, or without sufficient consideration. Now that I think about it, the safest place to loose something is a Folk Music Festival. Loose your item, wait an hour, go to lost and found, pick it up.