Fly Fusion Forums

Ask Brian Chan- Wednesday Jan. 6th

jack

Some virtually unknown guy from Kamloops, BC <--poke--< is scheduled to be on web radio, Wednesday evening, thought I would pass the info on for those of you who might be interested in aquatic bugs and stuff.

" Our next show - Fly Fishing Trout Lakes: A Biologist Point Of View

Brian Chan, a professional fisheries biologist, has spent

most of his life studying the insect life of trout lakes.

Brian will share the secrets of what happens in that

underwater world and how it will help you to catch more

fish.

Go to his 'ASK' page using the link below and ask him a

question...

http://www.askaboutflyfishing.com/speakers/brian-chan

Tune in, Wednesday January 13th to hear his answers...

6:00 PM Pacific

7:00 PM Mountain

8:00 PM Central

9:00 PM Eastern

To access the show using the Internet just visit our home page

at the time of the show and you'll see the red link 'Listen to

the LIVE Show',just click on this link to launch our media

player and listen to the broadcast.

http://www.askaboutflyfishing.com

One click and you're listening in LIVE.

Thanks, we hope you enjoy the show! "

Before anyone takes my preamble seriously, Brian and I are pretty good friends and we tend to razz each other a little.....( OK, unmercifully) ! :)

j

Some virtually unknown guy from Kamloops, BC <--poke--< is scheduled to be on web radio, Wednesday evening, thought I would pass the info on for those of you who might be interested in aquatic bugs and stuff.

jack, maybe you could post a reminder or a bump on this thread, Wed the 6th??...Thanx for the info...Prob going to be a very interesting listen....

Cheers...Jeff..

"This show has been postponed and will not be broadcast tonight. Tune next week to our LIVE Show...January 13 - 7:00 PM (MT)"

Brian's voice has succumbed to the stubborn cold he has been fighting over the past week.

j

That's actually funny as I started a post about a year ago on the flybc board trying to find out the same thing. I'm pretty sure it's an arcteryx, but I think it's a prototype as I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

I just like how it's a little longer.

This was mine from a few weeks ago!!

http://flyfishcalgary.com/board/index.php?...l=Arc'teryx

P

That's actually funny as I started a post about a year ago on the flybc board trying to find out the same thing. I'm pretty sure it's an arcteryx, but I think it's a prototype as I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

You mean this one, Tim?

my_new_indicator.jpg

I remember you asking, and thought "I'll ask him", but then maybe I forgot to.

j

FORGET IT !!

That is a "one of a kind" prototype that Brian had substantial input in the design. By the time it was finished they figured they'd have to sell them for $1000 each to make money! None were ever produced, except that one.

j

FORGET IT !!

That is a "one of a kind" prototype that Brian had substantial input in the design. By the time it was finished they figured they'd have to sell them for $1000 each to make money! None were ever produced, except that one.

j

Yeah, considering that all the other Arc'Teryx jackets seem to be $650 and up I had a feeling that jacket would be significantly higher. Plenty of good fishing jackets out there already for under $600 - Simms, Patagonia, Cloudveil, etc.

Was a great show!!..What I learned most from the show was about the Turning of lakes...Very detailed, and easy to understand...Well done..I knew a bit about the turnings, But that just cleared things right up...

Cheers...Jeff..

I found the part about lakes turning over great was well.

For anyone new to podcasting, this show, and the whole Ask About Fly Fishing series is available for download, for free, from the itunes store. All you need is the itunes software, also free.