Fly Fusion Forums

Searching For The Perfect Steak

Again I was going to stay out of this one but here it goes..

Best steaks in order

1. moose

2.Elk

3.Whitetail.

4. Superstore Marinading steak, the one with all the fat in the meat(marbling), two bones= flavour, rind of fat along the outside, more flavour, and around 4-5 bucks a lb..

Bar-B-que hot, Montreal Steak spice, , tinfoil onions and mushrooms with lots of butter and garlic, turn the steak over once each side. if you want the hash marks like the fancy dancy places do, then lift steak and move half turn to the right and then do the same on other side.

Baked potatoes in the microwave, be sure to put a hole in them or they blow up (seriously ), or more tinfoil and do them on the BBQ but I like all the room for the steak, and fire too hot..

Damn thing is when I turn 50, I will have to reduce my red meat intake. :$*%&:

Thanks for all the tips,so a good cut like rib eye 1" thick allow to rest and bring to room temp.Preheat Q to red hot, cook 4-5 minutes each side.When finished cover in butter and tent for 5-10 minutes.

I think I'll practice a bit and try some Costco cow.

Thank's again.

As Lynn says,

". 1 minute before you take it off the grill you take a bowl of melted butter that has fresh garlic paste blended into it and brush it on the steak."

Another good butter to finish steak with is:

Blue Cheese Butter

Combine

1/4 c softened butter

1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese

1 clove garlic minced

1 TBSP sliced green onions

MMMMmmmm! Great on burgers too!

He's apologizing for trying to make people believe you can buy a REAL steak from M&M. :barf:

They're just easier to take camping because they are already frozen and marinated. Whatever they might taste like on the BBQ, they taste like a piece of heaven after being on the coals.

And I was apologizing because when it's -35, it's hard to get a steak cooked over an open fire.

Cheers.

As Lynn says,

". 1 minute before you take it off the grill you take a bowl of melted butter that has fresh garlic paste blended into it and brush it on the steak."

Another good butter to finish steak with is:

Blue Cheese Butter

Combine

1/4 c softened butter

1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese

1 clove garlic minced

1 TBSP sliced green onions

MMMMmmmm! Great on burgers too!

MMMM i like that,wonder if it would work with brea instead of blue.