Fly Fusion Forums

Never Ending Unlimited Indie Rawk Thread

hey.

spoon has a new album-mmm coming out, and while i really like them [dam sorry i missed them at sled island], got me thinkin' bout some other indie bands that maybe i need to check out.

and maybe others i don't.

so general discussion thread. maybe there are others out there who listen to local radio for any reason other than to hear new music. i'm into all flavours of stuff so what's good? what's new? whatcha listenin too?

and if you call it indie and it ain't i'll call ya on it, so here's a litmus test: if soccer moms are blasting out the windows of the pt cruiser, it ain't indie-rawk, and if the 'tweens are sayin' they're they new billytalentless/deengrays/blinksum4182s/avrils, it can't be indie [or very good for you for that matter].

Good idea Dune. Not sure how indie you wanna go, but here is some stuff I'm digging ATM.

You say party We say die!

Click here if the movie does not play.

The Mountains and the Trees

Magneta Lane - Lady Bones

Shout Out Out Out Out - Remind Me in Dark Times

Islands - No You Don't

sweet!

as indie as you wanna be!

good start. i had not checked magenta lane yet.

here's one i was diggin for chillin around halloween but still in heavy rotation.

the genre was described as haunted house..

fever ray - triangle walks

fever ray is the sister half of band the knife

the knife - we share our mothers health

• 1 month later...

Thats awesome - Thanks Dune

Takes me back to to slammin Carling "black labels" in a this total killer littel dive bar called "Key West" in London - eventually shut down for serving minors,...repeatedly.... LOL - good times man, good times.....dance floor had room for about 8 moshers and that was it...very intimate and fun

Grizzly Bear is one of my faves, been listening to Beirut a bunch lately as well. Heard a few new songs by a local Calgary band Woodpigeon that was doin it for me. On the way to the river much of the time the past year or two, Old Man Ludecke rules my stereo- good foot stompin banjo tunes from the east coast (although you'd swear he was out of Alaska or the Yukon). Perhaps not Rawk, but he's indie. Even has a song about fishin.

Thats awesome - Thanks Dune

Takes me back to to slammin Carling "black labels" in a this total killer littel dive bar called "Key West" in London - eventually shut down for serving minors,...repeatedly.... LOL - good times man, good times.....dance floor had room for about 8 moshers and that was it...very intimate and fun

i remember an excellent gig at the polish hall in the 'chuck where they opened for snfu...good times