Fly Fusion Forums

Lake Chaparral Pigs

reevesr1

Went with my son for a bit. 3 pigs landed and a couple missed. Saw my backing 3 times, got two of them back. Also caught a 2-3 lb resident fish, my first in awhile. Here are some pics:

15844167722298879541113.jpg

15844167722868879541113.jpg

This one doesn't look as big as it was. Look at Ben's hands.

15844167723443879541113.jpg

Little brown micro-leach. Dead drifting if there was some wind and chop, slow hand twists if calm.

Good show Rick. It was an awesome afternoon at the lake on our side of the highway as well. Sundancefisher did come out to "watch someone else catch fish", but he ended up catching some as well. I guess the elbow doesn't hurt that bad after all.

Guest Sundancefisher
Good show Rick. It was an awesome afternoon at the lake on our side of the highway as well. Sundancefisher did come out to "watch someone else catch fish", but he ended up catching some as well. I guess the elbow doesn't hurt that bad after all.

Nope...it hurt every time I cast or caught a fish. My theory is that frequent casting and catching will improve fisherman's elbow.

I ended up catching more than just "some" today... Can't complain.

Good job rickr. Did troutlover get out? Probably not many days left for them big boys. At 4 per day...monger could of cleaned out your stocking in no time...