Fly Fusion Forums

Canon D10

Guest ArtVandelay

Here are a few recent shots taken with my new D10, in case someone is interested. None of these have been photoshopped except for resizing. Nice color on these:

001.jpg

BowDawn.jpg

Foggy.jpg

BowSun.jpg

Boat.jpg

LowerK.jpg

040.jpg

Nice pic's Niel!

Early morn mist is sweet.

I see you broke in the new rod. WTG.

You are pretty happy with the camera then,have you added any accesories? I'm wondering if you can put a polarized lense on it ?

I've been running my Optio for several years now & like it but wish it had better flash? for improving the underwater shot's.Also if you could add lenses would be good.You can't beat the size though.

How much do these Canon's cost if you don't mind me asking.?

Tx Dave.

Some nice shots, Jay. I certainly like that clear UW shot and the shallow DOF rod shot.

I wish Canon was a bit more creative with the name, they already had a 10D dSLR... so D10 is a bit confusing. They could have gone as far as UW10. :D

What do you think is the strength of this camera?

BTW, Eagleflyfisher, as I recall Max posted a link about modification of the Pentax Optio, so that you can add filters/lens. Mine is still under warranty, so I am not planning to modify it.

I too have a Canon powershot d10 that I bought the day it came out in May. Best camera I've ever owned. Crisp pics, great durability (girlfriend dropped it out of her coat pocket on rocks) and awesome waterproof capability. I paid $399 for mine but I assume they have dropped in price somewhat. My previous camera was the Pentax Optio W30 and this Canon has it beat hands down! Simply awesome!

I got a D10also and love it. Something to look at if you have young kids. I lost my S50 and another canon digital to the little hands in my house. Simple mistakes they made but those digital point and shots don't take much abuse. This camera should/does take the drops and spills that occur. Plus, on holidays this year i was wondering if there was a bass under the dock I was fishing. Stuck the camera in the water under the deck and sure enough mr bass showed up on my camera. Picture quality is also great. Got some great shots of the kids in the pool swimming. Basically its an elf in a waterproof case. Little more bulky than the olympus and pentax, but I'm a canon fan and this is a must have if your and outdoors person. Rick should get one with the amount of spills he takes in the river. Pic of brown in my avatar was taken with the d10

As others have said, it's best feature is its durability. It's built like a tank (waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof) and you need that for fly fishing; my previous camera didn't last long after a few trips to the river. For a point and shoot I think the quality of the pictures is outstanding. Saneal seems to be the cheapest place to buy this right now - $379. In fact, I think Saneal is the best place in town to buy ANY camera.

Dave, the new rod is awesome! I keep having to remind myself how much I paid. I think it needs more breaking in...I'm off to the river. Have a great Halloween guys!

N

As others have said, it's best feature is its durability. It's built like a tank (waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof) and you need that for fly fishing; my previous camera didn't last long after a few trips to the river. For a point and shoot I think the quality of the pictures is outstanding. Saneal seems to be the cheapest place to buy this right now - $379. In fact, I think Saneal is the best place in town to buy ANY camera.

N

I noticed a while back London Drugs had it advestised in their flyer for $329.99. That was the cheapest I've ever seen it. Not sure if that price would still apply however.