Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing In Iqaluit

Jayhad

fyi no beer stores there. byob if you want to have a drink anywhere other than a bar. go check out the old hudsons bay buildings outside of town, pretty cool. might want to bring a headlamp for fishing. definitley an interesting place

Those falls are very close to town... Maybe a 20 min walk on a very good trail.

I have no idea how/when/where to fish those falls, but there are lots of signs on the trail explaining how good the fishing is there (or at least has been in the past).

I vote you give it a try and let us know what happens.

well just back tonight and yes the falls is the place to fish..... when it's not frozen solid.

I was there for 8 days and not a day of work completed, our shipment of supplies couldn't get into the harbour so we were sent home. I did have enough brains to take a travel tying kit, just in case I had time..... and time I had I tied up over 400 flys..... I maybe going back next week or in june if it is june I will fish

well just back tonight and yes the falls is the place to fish..... when it's not frozen solid.

I was there for 8 days and not a day of work completed, our shipment of supplies couldn't get into the harbour so we were sent home. I did have enough brains to take a travel tying kit, just in case I had time..... and time I had I tied up over 400 flys..... I maybe going back next week or in june if it is june I will fish

Did you ask anybody about fly fishing at the falls? Did you find anyone who had ever tried?