Fly Fusion Forums

Water Efficient Toilets

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

Anyone change over their toilets to water efficient ones. I remember seeing an article how some of them are just really, really bad whereas others are great. I want a great value priced model.

Anyone have any toilet experience? I have asked my contractor to check with the plumber but always helps if someone has some first hand experience.

Some models quality for a $50 rebate from the city.

Thanks.

Sun

They don't take IT away. lol

So bad that 1 guy that works for me waits to *hit at the office in the morning cause his house can't handle it.....lol

Yes i make fun of him everyday......

Never had a problem with ours, apparently they are not equally efficient.

I'm no pro plumber although I have a good amount of toilet experience, don't cheap out. That is all there is to say about it, a good value priced toilet is an oxymoron. How well it works depends on shape and design as much as the flow. There are some very good low flow toilets out there, most of them have a small or big flush option but again spend the money. Or you can just keep the ole brush handy, you'll need it.

make sure you check the grams it can do away with. Some rate as low as 200 with others at 1000. I unfortunatly researched it after the fact....

So a double flush is in order from time to time... I did get my $50 back from the city however

Over all worth while with the cost of water these days. Going from 12L to 6L a flush is a step in the right direction. Just make sure you get one that gets the job done!

Guest Sundancefisher
Oh I agree Justin. Forsure !! Thats why i get my moneys worth by picking on him. Good trade off.

Anyone know which brand and models work the best?

I live with 2 men....so my perspective on this thread is merely from their point of view (because ladies don't talk *hit or talk about when they do *hit).

We have 4 bathrooms. I clean them all....twice a week. I can tell you strictly from a cleaning point of view that I absolutely DETEST our low-flow or Suzukieized toilet - and we paid a good chunk of change for it too. It's good for #1 but not much else. To compensate we have the "super duper suck your intestines out flusher" which is the opposite end of the spectrum and which gets the most use (again....by the men and not me). It gets the job done and cleans the bowl at the same time. I love that toilet. I even put the nicest towels and fixtures in its room to make it feel loved. I refuse to even scrub it's belly - nothing but the most gentle massage with a cashmere toilet brush.

IMHO....I'd rather have Al Bundy toilets in my house than save a few litres of water - because by the time you double or triple flush it's a moot point anyways.

Guest Sundancefisher
Which ever model you get, get the one with the "Turbo" flush option (like they have in Australia and NZ). I think it's the one Lynn is referring to...

P

don't their toilets swirl in the wrong direction thought? Probably won't work in Canada...

don't their toilets swirl in the wrong direction thought? Probably won't work in Canada...

that's because they are in the southern hemisphere that's why theirs go counterclockwise, I thought it was cool when I first got stationed there

Yeah - no!! It's a myth!!

But they have the turbo flush ones here and they are the *hit (literally and figuratively ;)) Worth the extra $. Sorry I don't know the technical name for them but talk to a plumber or someone at Benners or anywhere other then Home Depot/Revy and they should be able to set you (me) straight!

P

we have a dual flush caroma (australia) at 6l/3l and a toto 6l.

both work very very well. i prefer the caroma for the dual flushing.

and don't forge the best way to save water - yellow let it mellow, brown flush it down....

I replaced all mine with cheapo Am. Std. dual flush. They were like $150 at HomeDepot. Needs a brushing after most #2, but no biggie. They don't jam up, and I have never had to flush twice.

Make sure to get your $50 back from the city.