Fly Fusion Forums

New Wholesale Sports

I do all my shopping at Wholesale except for archery equipment.I have a good repoir(sp) with most of the staff whether it be guns,reloading or fishing.

Really like the layout of the new place,it doesn't seem so crowed like the old place.They are having staffing problems but are working on it.

Wow...I was without internet today and just read through this whole thread...holy!! :lol:

In thinking about this I can see the validity of someone's point who has an issue with service or waiting for someone to help them etc. Nobody likes to wait 15 minutes (like we did yesterday) for someone to grab a couple of fly lines from behind the counter. But the guy (OK...what's his name...the guys with the moustache that likes Crown Royal :P ), knows what he's talking about, he's super friendly and he's been there for 6 years and takes his job seriously. I guess Mike and I are so conditioned to the poor levels of service in this city wherever we go that we are starting to take this in stride. I'm not saying that it's acceptable, but whenever we go somewhere we just automatically assume they're short-staffed and they will be busy because we live in a city of over a million people. I think it's all about the expectations. Anyways...it still remains my favourite all-round outdoors place to shop (and I do like all the other fly shops - I'm not giving them a rap in any way). Took forever to open but it was worth it (and Mike's company would have gotten those doors open sooner too ;) ).

So....midnight rendezvous to jack the boat - check. Maybe think about those waders too - they're a freakin' mortgage payment!

And thanks to everyone who made nice comments about my adorable granddaughter Ayla who, by the way is the sweetest baby ever born. Sorry....couldn't resist getting a plug in there for her. :D

One thing people should keep in mind about poor customer service is that a lot of the time it has to do with other customers in the store wasting salemans time. Some of them totally reject the fact that there may be other customers who require service also. I have no problem waiting an hour if the customers ahead of me are using the salesmans time correctly. It's the people that couldn't make up their mind if they had a gun pointed to it that perturb me.

I had a great experience at the new store I would like to share. I went in a day before the grand opening and most of the guys were busy running around getting ready for the next day but George helped me out with everything I needed, and he even suggested I buy the next day as it was all going to be on sale. He also put some stuff on hold for me for the next day as I mentioned I was part of this forum and was doing the nymphing clinic Toolman, Max & Brad were putting on that weekend. My opinion great store and service.

But the guy (OK...what's his name...the guys with the moustache that likes Crown Royal :P )

So....midnight rendezvous to jack the boat - check. Maybe think about those waders too - they're a freakin' mortgage payment!

And thanks to everyone who made nice comments about my adorable granddaughter Ayla who, by the way is the sweetest baby ever born. Sorry....couldn't resist getting a plug in there for her. :D

Jack the boat.....waders too.....

Nice.

Coolest Grandma ever!

I had a great experience at the new store I would like to share. I went in a day before the grand opening and most of the guys were busy running around getting ready for the next day but George helped me out with everything I needed, and he even suggested I buy the next day as it was all going to be on sale. He also put some stuff on hold for me for the next day as I mentioned I was part of this forum and was doing the nymphing clinic Toolman, Max & Brad were putting on that weekend. My opinion great store and service.

Hey, I forgot about a story too. The day of the Grand Opening, I was in the store and needed a pair of fins for my Pontoon Boat. Can't think of the name off the top of my head, but they cost $149.00. Unfortunately, they were out. So George (I think it was him--friendly guy, lots of information) calls Russell Sports and gets me the same price as the Grand Opening price at Wholesale. I was pretty impressed.

That's a good point, I went into there right before Christmas needing a new Rio line. A five second transaction. A lady used 1/2 an hour to go through every fly reel in the cabinet from $30 to $800 without a clue. I gave up and left, even though the salesman obviously knew I was there to buy something he had to stick it out. No I did not go back to buy the line, I picked one up at the Fishin' Hole where the guys politely empty my wallet on a regular basis.

I second that...I work at a ski shop and it gets super busy sometimes...if I start jumping around to customers, then I will eventually forget about a customer that I was helping. I've been with people trying on boots for half of a Saturday before only to have them say that they want to look around...which is fine because boots are the most important, but it sure seems like a lot of wasted time. They're usually the people who think ski boots should feel just like their running shoes and nothing will fit. Anyway, I try to keep my eyes out for one of the other staff that isn't busy and point the people out that need help, but I can't just leave a customer a lot of the times. I must state for the record that I think service has improved at WSS, eventhough when I've been in there is has been really dead. Hey Lynn, if you're grabbing those waders, wanna grab me one of those Cloudveil gortex jackets....those things are near $500 too..ouch...

So George calls Russell Sports and gets me the same price as the Grand Opening price at Wholesale. I was pretty impressed.

don't get too impressed Russells was acquired by Wholesale so no reason not to get same price. haven't been to the new store just b/c generally the service is so bad in wholesale (eg. fishing section guy tells me oh yeah this stuff is the same as aquaseal but way cheaper - after applying copius amounts to waders found out that it is quite a bit different than aquaseal). but perhaps time to give the new store a chance.

as far as lethbridge goes wholesale aint no good. never have what I need. always out of stuff and they dont restock for weeks at a time. hasnt been any lead wrap or red wire for worms int here all winter and they still dont have any.the same rods have been on display for 4 years and are still the same price???!! there is only 1 other option for fly gear but that store is more for hunters. as far as service the guys are excellent, just ask and you'll get great help from the fishing guys but some competition in the form of another store would go a long way in keeping the shelves stocked with tying materials etc. hope this isnt too slanderous but some negative things need to be said coz it aint all good as this thread and mods would have us believe. just like a bad fishing report, why not a bad store review?? later

M

as far as lethbridge goes wholesale aint no good. never have what I need. always out of stuff and they dont restock for weeks at a time. hasnt been any lead wrap or red wire for worms int here all winter and they still dont have any.the same rods have been on display for 4 years and are still the same price???!! there is only 1 other option for fly gear but that store is more for hunters. as far as service the guys are excellent, just ask and you'll get great help from the fishing guys but some competition in the form of another store would go a long way in keeping the shelves stocked with tying materials etc. hope this isnt too slanderous but some negative things need to be said coz it aint all good as this thread and mods would have us believe. just like a bad fishing report, why not a bad store review?? later

M

My suggestion for posting something that needs improvement is to politely suggest that the business would be more customer friendly if certain suggestions were looked at and improved upon. I would not edit or moderate if the critizism were done in this manner. The tone that COULD be INTREPRITATED is what we are looking at. The post in question that caused the fuss had a distinct negative tone to it.

How many of you ever fill out customer feedback cards that some businesses put out? .......these are businesses that want to know what you find negative so they can look at ways to improve.

don't get too impressed Russells was acquired by Wholesale so no reason not to get same price. haven't been to the new store just b/c generally the service is so bad in wholesale (eg. fishing section guy tells me oh yeah this stuff is the same as aquaseal but way cheaper - after applying copius amounts to waders found out that it is quite a bit different than aquaseal). but perhaps time to give the new store a chance.

George has been doing that long before Wholesale aquired Russells.I like to to compare prices and would prefer to buy from Wholesales,so if I see something that Russells has cheaper I'll tell George,he'll make a call to confim it and give it to me at that price.A couple of times he's even beaten the price.