Fly Fusion Forums

October Photo Of The Month- Official Entries Only

This is the place to enter your photos.

The theme for this month is Seasons. Subjects can be of anything that is seasonal, like trees , plants landscapes and of course fishing related topics. Please include the season in the title of your submission. If submitting photo of a person other than your self you must have permission to use the photo as it will be posted in a public place.

1st place winner will receive a 1 yr magazine subscription from the contest sponsor; http://www.flyfusionmag.com

Don't forget:

You retain all rights to your photos, but by submitting, they are agreeing to let us use it on the website.

Submissions are open to all FFC members in good standing.

You must submit a short write up about your image, eg; what you like about it, how it may inspire you …..that sort of thing 50-100 words (required for use in a monthly article for the site)

Do not disclose locations for lesser known or sensitive waters.

Limit of one photo per post.....this for making judging format easier to accomplish

Deadline: Oct. 31

Winners will be announced first week of November

Good luck!

This is the place to enter your photos.

The theme for this month is Seasons. Subjects can be of anything that is seasonal, like trees , plants landscapes and of course fishing related topics. Please include the season in the title of your submission. If submitting photo of a person other than your self you must have permission to use the photo as it will be posted in a public place.

1st place winner will receive a 1 yr magazine subscription from the contest sponsor; http://www.flyfusionmag.com

Don't forget:

You retain all rights to your photos, but by submitting, they are agreeing to let us use it on the website.

Submissions are open to all FFC members in good standing.

You must submit a short write up about your image, eg; what you like about it, how it may inspire you …..that sort of thing 50-100 words (required for use in a monthly article for the site)

Do not disclose locations for lesser known or sensitive waters.

Deadline: Oct. 31

Winners will be announced first week of November

Good luck!

Is the 'judging' again done by just the staff members, or are you going to allow a 'poll' , so all members, including the staff can vote on their favorite pic?....the method of voting should have been posted at the start..IMO.....................Wolfie

All voting is done by staff....no member polls are planned

Please do not post comments on official entry threads as it takes us longer to weed through the entries and makes the threads longer than necessary

late october, at my fave run on my fave river in bc

post-1222-1254688629.jpg

me & my fishin buddy skoah are the dots on the left.

i had invited a friend along who had a brand new camera. it was a rainy but warm day, the fish were happy, the mayflys were prolific but the colours in the valley grabbed his attention more than the rising fish.

i'm glad, as this photo is my all time fave & sums up alot of what it's about for me.

"AUTUMN ON THE BOW RIVER"

1000341.jpg

The picture above shows my brother, Clarence, taking a break from fishing the Bow. This was one of those crisp fall days that remind me just how lucky we are to have a world-class trout fishery right in the middle of our city. We landed many browns, rainbows & whitefish on that particular day; it seemed like they were all trying to eat everything that moved before winter set in. Sharing such a fantastic day with my bro' just makes it that much better; I wonder if he's busy this afternoon...???

• 2 weeks later...

"Last Cast of the day..."

BowFloat-Sept20091061.jpg

Took this one on at the end of a float with my father in law in early September. Was trying to get a nice sunset shot when my father in law decided to make one last cast... I was a little upset at the time but once I got home and saw the results I was very happy with the shot.

"Winter in the Yukon Part 1"

Whitehorse-72.jpg

Went to Whitehorse last December for work. Managed to sneak out for a night of Photography. I was there with people from Austraila and Arkansas who had never seen snow before. Did I mention it was also -45....

BerlandAthB1018001.jpg

Took this one North of Edson for a first time on the Berland River. After bush whacking down to the river we were greeted with the fall smells, mostly pine. The picture reminds me of what is to come with the ice showing but our will and the sun fighting it back for the time being. The mist started up as the sun hit the water.

The smell of fall was in the air as I headed to the Crowsnest River this day. It was to be a good day of fishing, and a great day of photography. I took many, many pictures this day, including what has become one of my all time favorites.. "Fall at the Log Run"

Oct2009.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Winter bites

IMGP2061.jpg

I like the light of the sun breaking through the steam coming off the water, the picture reminds me of the rewards one is given when they brave such a day, cast 1000 times and battle the frost bitten fingers to just have a chance at a winter bull.