Fly Fusion Forums

Streamers! Sos

Guest Foster

Yes, search the forum. Note, that are many techniques for streamer fishing, like up and across, swing, down, different retrieves: long pulls, short pulls, figure of eight, etc. Read the topics here than go and experiment. I often find that what works in one place does not work in another. Also, there are places, where I catch fish only with the same technique, like casting up and dead drifting. So you need to find what fish look for. Be sure to use stiff enough leaders to be able to turn over streamers. When it does not work, add weight first, change streamer later.

Short and sweet, it is preferred you have a snk tip to get that fly down deep. If fishing a pool get deep and strip fast quick 2" jurks while retreving.

if fishhing a seam or run cast across the seam let the current do the work and hold at the bottom of the drift then retrive. Micro leaches, wolley buggers and clouser minnows are your friends.

Have fun. I love streamer fishing great for those slow hatch times and for targeting the big fish, but in my honnest opinion nymphing is king of the river.