Fly Fusion Forums

Good Laugh....idiots

mkm

Was surfing then the and came across this.

Originally posted by francisc006

"OK great! So here's the deal, I read this thread and decided to try out Carseland below the Hwy 24 and there wasnt much there, so we went down the road to Johnson Islands, and could see them jumping but through out the day didnt really catch anything special. Towards the end of the day we decided to inflate the raft and tied it up to the shoreline becuase we forgot the paddles and lifejackets. Well you wont guess what happens next, The Party Poopers come by, and we had to let go of the rods (into the water because our licences had expired in march :nut: ) Anyway, he saw and asked us to come back to the shore and got all our info, long story short we got ticketed for Littering in the River and also for Fishing without a licence, Then a warning (slap on the wrist) for not having the raft gear (ie: paddles, lifejackets, horn, waterproof flashlight). Anyway I didnt have my ID on me so he took down my name, my last name is Betancourt but he wrote Bitancourt on the tickets, after this long essay, my question is if there is any way to fight these tickets and is it actually worth it? (price is $115 each, but I'd have to go to the Strathmore Court to fight it)"

What an idiot!!! I had to laugh when they got the additional ticket for littering.

mkm

I'm amazed a person wouldn't be ashamed to post a story like this. One the other hand I'm also amazed that people will go on national TV to say they've fallen in love with their sister, but it happens...

Not that I do not disagree with what happened to them but how do you know they were poachers? In the artical you posted I see nothing that states that they were poaching, all I can tell is that they were fishing without a licence.

I find it kind of insulting just because someone fished without a lience or was fishing from a inflatable raft that they are now less then everyone else or where poaching, how the hell do you know if they were poaching? Is it because you are far more superior then them?

Not that I do not disagree with what happened to them but how do you know they were poachers? In the artical you posted I see nothing that states that they were poaching, all I can tell is that they were fishing without a licence.

I find it kind of insulting just because someone fished without a lience or was fishing from a inflatable raft that they are now less then everyone else or where poaching, how the hell do you know if they were poaching? Is it because you are far more superior then them?

I doubt they were fined for littering for putting thier rods in the water. Littering is close to poaching in my book..

Gil,

The simple truth is that is your opion and poaching and litering is not the samething. I do not agree with litering, but can you honestly sit there and say that yopu have NEVER litered yourself, on purpose or by accident?

I also can only go on the information that was provided and last time I check you werwe innoncient until proven guilty in this country and with the information that was provided there is nothing there that says they were poaching.

By the way I took a $150 fine the other day for literiting by acciedent, I did not see my napkin fall out of my bag but the cop that fined me did.

Okay so I looked up the word poaching and yes fishing or hunting without a liecence is a form of poaching, so I stand corrected on that.

I've always seen poaching as keeping fish or fishing or hunting in areas that are not allowed, but if you want to get technical and go by the actual diffentation then yes Fishing without a liecnce is poaching, however in this case the offenders did purchase a liecence the previouse year so I would think it was more of beeing forgetful (still not a reason not to purchase) then blanityly not getting one, but in the end by the diffination of the word it is still poaching.

My biggest beef with this is the way that people treat and talk about things like this, for the most half they are called low lifes and idoits, etc... for me if that is how you see them then fine but why not keep it to yourself, are you much better then the offender when you come onto a web forum and act very immature and call people names?

I don't mind people sharing the information or story but do we really need to be name calling, I did that when I was in the 5th grade.

Gil,

The simple truth is that is your opion and poaching and litering is not the samething. I do not agree with litering, but can you honestly sit there and say that yopu have NEVER litered yourself, on purpose or by accident?

I also can only go on the information that was provided and last time I check you werwe innoncient until proven guilty in this country and with the information that was provided there is nothing there that says they were poaching.

By the way I took a $150 fine the other day for literiting by acciedent, I did not see my napkin fall out of my bag but the cop that fined me did.

I've haven't littered knowningly since I was in grade 5. Littering without knowing doesn't count. Poaching and littering abuse the enviroment and fall into the "A-hole" category. When I see all the crap in the river it buggs the hell out of me. And why bother defending the A-holes anyway. If you act like an idiot expect feedback...

I've haven't littered knowningly since I was in grade 5. Littering without knowing doesn't count. Poaching and littering abuse the enviroment and fall into the "A-hole" category. When I see all the crap in the river it buggs the hell out of me. And why bother defending the A-holes anyway. If you act like an idiot expect feedback...

First of all I am not defending them, I agreed 100% that they needed to be ticket never said they didn't,

Since you missed it the first time I will repost what I originally said so you can read it more slowly and more carefully

Not that I do not disagree with what happened to them but how do you know they were poachers?

As far as I was concerned they were fishing without a lience and not poaching, cause as I understood it poaching was a) keeping fish that were either over the size limit or more then a catch limit or b ) fishing in water that is either closed or out of season.

Second, I agree if you do something stupid expect feedback, but do you really have to result to name calling and acting like a 5 year old, if you ask me there is a better way to get your point across then name calling.

IF you don't know your ilttering it doesn't count, man I think its time you get off your high horse, if you litter REGARDLESS to weather you know it or not you are still littering, pretty simple if you ask me.

I can just see it now, a immigrant comes from vitenam, where you do not need a licence to fish, he/she doesn't know you need a licence here so they fish, according to you this is okay cause they after all don't know that you need a liecene and if you do not know then it doesn't count.

Plus you think all the garbage in the river comes from people littering? I bet a good chuck of it is crap that is blowen from the city dumps into the river or along the river bank, what is you solution to this problem or is it just easier for you to complain and lay blame on other people?

According to what you said about abusing the enviroment, I guess it is time you stop driving your car cause the pollutions that come out of your exhust and the windsheild whipper fluid is just as bad, so bad that the city is making stelement pounds through out fish creek to help stop the *hit that comes through our storm drains.

Is it okay then to do one thing that abuse the enviroment but stomp your feet and get mad over other issuse of the samething but in a diffrent method cause after all pollution is pollution, and by your own statement absue of the enviroment falls into the A-Hole catagory, so I guess that just makes you a A-Hole with the rest of them.

So he see's the CO coming and knows for a fact he doesn't have a valid licence and thinks he can outsmart the CO by chucking his gear in the river this way saving himself a big fine and only having to pay to replace his gear. He was poaching!!!!!! He was littering!!!!!!!!!! and got what he deserved!!!!!!

If it where me I would have giving him every single ticket and ZERO warnings for being a smart ass.

PS he drives a red H2 so keep an eye outfor him.