Fly Fusion Forums

Well Here Are My New Streamers As To Date...

Wolfie

I noticed while fishing on Monday that a certain colour was highly visible to the naked eye..and so hopefully my theory may work in luring a Bull to my camera...................here are my latest streamers. All comments will be taken in................Wolfie

ri66n6.png

2n8t2eb.png

Nice streamers Wolfie should work great. Only thing I would do different is pinch down the barb and sharping the points up before tying

yepper...you know the saying...haste makes waste..well I forgot I'm not in BC any longer.........sorry...........Wolfie

Nice streamers. Some people say that red eyes may draw more strikes. I am not sure myself but that is what I go with anyway when either salmon fishing in rivers or the ocean. Likely matters little anyway. Just ge them where the fish live.

Nice streamers. Some people say that red eyes may draw more strikes. I am not sure myself but that is what I go with anyway when either salmon fishing in rivers or the ocean. Likely matters little anyway. Just ge them where the fish live.

Well, fishing the Cow and the estuaries of other rivers / streams on the Island the main colour of constant hits from steelies and salmon was hot pink..as in the two pink flies tied..however, it was noticed that while in the river after a while the blues/silver, greens/silver, and even the white mixtures brought hard strikes, so I guess, their preferences change for whatever reason.................Wolfie

yepper...you know the saying...haste makes waste..well I forgot I'm not in BC any longer.........sorry...........Wolfie

Look, try and keep up, OK? Everything is barbless in BC, too. Even on "Fantasy Island". <--poke--<

:)

j

Well, fishing the Cow and the estuaries of other rivers / streams on the Island the main colour of constant hits from steelies and salmon was hot pink..as in the two pink flies tied..however, it was noticed that while in the river after a while the blues/silver, greens/silver, and even the white mixtures brought hard strikes, so I guess, their preferences change for whatever reason.................Wolfie

Wolfie,

I find the reason the blue/silver's work is cause it is close representation to a little bow and the greens/silver are close to browns.

With my clousers I usally wrap the hook in some pink tensle (represents the pink slash found on rainbows) and others I use yellow (represents the yellow on the browns) I also wrap in silver and red.

I haven't caught many bulls myself but I have seen tons of bulls caught and am surprised that the pink is a very effective color to use, I personally think they see it as a close repesentation to the little bait fish they could be feeding on.

An experiment I have been doing this year with my clousers is looking at the color schemes used in repals and imitate the same colors to my clousers. I have been having great luck with it, even though I haven't really been using much clousers yet this year.

Just my 2 cents tho.

ur theory on the colours are certainly sound spot on Brad, and using a famous lure's colour scheme is interesting......

..now Main Lander be gentle on this Islander...Eh!...lol-2.gif..it's this dust bowel I'm living in that has "clouded" my mind...either that or it's all this "hot"AFallSmileyDO11111.gif.....................................Wolfie

ur theory on the colours are certainly sound spot on Brad, and using a famous lure's colour scheme is interesting......

..now Main Lander be gentle on this Islander...Eh!...lol-2.gif..it's this dust bowel I'm living in that has "clouded" my mind...either that or it's all this "hot"AFallSmileyDO11111.gif.....................................Wolfie

I've been experimenting with a wide veriaitety (sp) of colors for sometime, and I found when you can match them close in color to what we find in the rivers it is usally good fishin, it is when I start to try some of my cracked out color combinations that not much happens.

bhurt..as far as matching colours to the bait fish that is in rivers...yes, that is the key...however..the old saying which I found works quite a lot is , when ppl are casting certain things at the fish...what takes fish is that certain something that is an odd ball..example..3 guys fishing..two with lures..and the third with live bait..who will produce not only first but most...yep the bait fisher..the odd ball of 3..that can be applied to all types of bait from flies to lures...and that is why there are so many flies that ppl keep making and trying...the odd ball works!..................Wolfie

mmm I see where you are coming from wolfie but if you ask me comparing bait to lure isn;t really a fair comparision.

Now if you said 2 guys were using earth worms while the one guy was using maggots then I would say without a doubt the wroms would win out.

As for flies there are certain patterns (which are classic patterns) that I find far out produce any other varation that I might tie, but heck what do I know, I am just a *hit disturber afterall ^_^

mmm I see where you are coming from wolfie but if you ask me comparing bait to lure isn;t really a fair comparision.

Now if you said 2 guys were using earth worms while the one guy was using maggots then I would say without a doubt the wroms would win out.

As for flies there are certain patterns (which are classic patterns) that I find far out produce any other varation that I might tie, but heck what do I know, I am just a *hit disturber afterall ^_^

OK...now you have mention "classic flies" a lot lately so I'm going to ask you if u have ever heard of a fly called the.."despair", which came out in a moment [despair] to hook the biggest brook trout ur eyes could ever see................Wolfie

I've been experimenting with a wide veriaitety (sp) of colors for sometime, and I found when you can match them close in color to what we find in the rivers it is usally good fishin, it is when I start to try some of my cracked out color combinations that not much happens.

Except sometimes colour combinations that aren't supposed to work do...

web.jpg

(that's hot pink and purple)

Now people don't get me wrong I never said they wouldn't catch you anything, I just said they WEREN'T AS PRODUCTIVE (btw I am not mad)

Wolfie,

When I use the term "Classic" what I am talking about is the original tie such as for the clouser the one that Bob (I think that is his first name) Clouser

I am in no way shape or form talking about "Classic" wets, dries, etc.... but the original tie for that particular tie.

I also find the type of material, buck hair vs DNA or any other type of synthetic doesn't really, I think it has more to do with shape and color (for daytime) size and shilotte (overcast, rainy, or night) is more important.

Yeah, colour to me is far less important in a streamer than the movement of the fly. I wouldn't tie a caddis pupa in those colours. I've never tried tying this particular streamer in "trout" colours, but I'm sure it would catch the same number of fish as the other colours I use.

Yeah, colour to me is far less important in a streamer than the movement of the fly. I wouldn't tie a caddis pupa in those colours. I've never tried tying this particular streamer in "trout" colours, but I'm sure it would catch the same number of fish as the other colours I use.

Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

You'll never know unless you try.

Which I have <--poke--<

I noticed while fishing on Monday that a certain colour was highly visible to the naked eye..and so hopefully my theory may work in luring a Bull to my camera...................here are my latest streamers. All comments will be taken in................Wolfie

ri66n6.png

2n8t2eb.png

Wow! you made those.... nice.. looken.. gurls there!!!

Yeah! they could of been and btw! that hurt.. my knees.....

I picked up on what you were saying..OH No..that smilie was kicking other guy in the ...yep..dead center..lol.....Wolfie

......................and u could scoop it from me to use it on me or someone else...lol