Fly Fusion Forums

Broken Tfo Rod

I broke my rod on a 9" fish, not actually, I think it got damaged when I was seperating it for storage. How is easy is it dealing with TFO for repair? It's broken where the 3rd section goes into the 4th, on the end of the 3rd. there is a chunk still stuck in the 4th(end) section. It broke on the 5th fish of the day, still managed to get another 6 with a broken rod. Any info would help. TIA

Fastpoke

I broke my rod on a 9" fish, not actually, I think it got damaged when I was seperating it for storage. How is easy is it dealing with TFO for repair? It's broken where the 3rd section goes into the 4th, on the end of the 3rd. there is a chunk still stuck in the 4th(end) section. It broke on the 5th fish of the day, still managed to get another 6 with a broken rod. Any info would help. TIA

Fastpoke

Take it in to Springbrook here in town and you pay $30 per broken section and it is replaced that day, very easy and very fast to replace with Springbrook.

Just for clarification, it is $30 per part replaced. My rod needs a new section for sure, and if they can't remove the part from the section that is still good it's another $30 bucks. I'll find out tomorrow, on a good note they have some good deals, $10 per dozen on flies and other items on clearence.

Fastpoke