Fly Fusion Forums

Thanks Forum

So here I am, my last night in my hotel getting ready to head back home and wanted to thank all who gave me advice on guides, places to try, tackle to take ... I really appreciate it and had a blast.

In summary caught some nice bows on the Bow as well as a few browns. Caught my first cutthroat and my first rocky mountain whitefish. Also met up with some great guys.

I am amazed at the mountains, steams and diversity of terrain. You can fish deep canyon rivers like the Highriver, cold mountain streams and meandering meadows. Throw tiny midges for brookies, hoppers for browns, nymph for whitefish, bushy dries for cutthroat and chuck and duck streamers for bulls - all in the same day if you wanted.

I am jealous and really hope no one takes for granted how much you guys have been blessed to have this fishery and this opportunity. I am truly thankful for the opportunity to share it with you for this short time. I am really hoping to come back soon.

Just a few pictures of my trip.

Here is a nice Bow River bow and my fist cutthroat.

post-3199-1250555112.jpg

post-3199-1250555124.jpg

And here is my last cutthroat. Measure out at about 19 inches - we think a little more - but really I don't care. My last cast and I called it a day. Saw her rising and put a few casts over. Some BWO coming down as were some larger may flies - sorry don't know the local hatches. No taker. I went below cause she was really regular. That is when I notice lots of winged ants floating down the seem - lots. First two patterns were met with refusals. Changed colours and wings - third fly we had a winner. Worked this fish for about a half hour. I don't believe there is a more rewarding feeling than that - I mean when it comes to fishing.

post-3199-1250555445.jpg

post-3199-1250555457.jpg