Fly Fusion Forums

Temperature Warnings

Some days the water temp has been dangerously high, espically in the +30 days, I tend to aviod these days and fish in the evening when it is a bit cooler, I wish I could say I don't fish these days but fishin is like a crack addiction to me.

And crack's cheaper!! Not as much fun (I would think), but cheaper :)

P

Some days the water temp has been dangerously high, espically in the +30 days, I tend to aviod these days and fish in the evening when it is a bit cooler, I wish I could say I don't fish these days but fishin is like a crack addiction to me.

The water temp has gotten quite high in many places this summer; hopefully, weather such as last nights rain in C-town is a frequent occurrence over the next month.

A few years back the Bow got very warm; there were dead fish all over the place (mostly fish caught in the centre / down deep by boat fisherman, and then released near shore).

I hope the Alberta Government / F & W has the foresight to put temporary closures on rivers should the temperature get dangerous for fish; this should have happened on the Bow a few years back (an FYI; Montana had special closures that season).

I know there is a remark regarding this type of emergency action in the regulations.

The water temp has gotten quite high in many places this summer; hopefully, weather such as last nights rain in C-town is a frequent occurrence over the next month.

A few years back the Bow got very warm; there were dead fish all over the place (mostly fish caught in the centre / down deep by boat fisherman, and then released near shore).

I hope the Alberta Government / F & W has the foresight to put temporary closures on rivers should the temperature get dangerous for fish; this should have happened on the Bow a few years back (an FYI; Montana had special closures that season).

I know there is a remark regarding this type of emergency action in the regulations.

There was some temporary closures a year or two back wasn't there? I think that may have been driven by the fire hazard though.

There was some temporary closures a year or two back wasn't there? I think that may have been driven by the fire hazard though.

I don't recall any river closures myself, but i could be mistaken.

The FTR was closed around the Oldman because of fires in 04' or 05'?

Hey guys Ive been on the Bow alot lately seen the temp up around 65 67 degrees. It is time to get those fish in quicker than we had to two weeks ago. Ive seen to many big rainbows floating / bloated up on the surface, sad but true, in the last few days. Be extra careful around the weeds, the trout get wrapped around the roots and then snap tippets and with the trout still wrapped and trapped and of course leads to a dead trout. When this happens I hope you spend some energy trying to find out where that trout busted you off, because guaranteed, that soon to be dead Trout wishes you did.

Hey guys Ive been on the Bow alot lately seen the temp up around 65 67 degrees. It is time to get those fish in quicker than we had to two weeks ago. Ive seen to many big rainbows floating / bloated up on the surface, sad but true, in the last few days. Be extra careful around the weeds, the trout get wrapped around the roots and then snap tippets and with the trout still wrapped and trapped and of course leads to a dead trout. When this happens I hope you spend some energy trying to find out where that trout busted you off, because guaranteed, that soon to be dead Trout wishes you did.

IMO, if you're seeing floaters and those temps. it's best not to fish it except very early in the morning.

I don't recall any river closures myself, but i could be mistaken.

The FTR was closed around the Oldman because of fires in 04' or 05'?

Oh yeah that's right, it was all access due to the fires.