Fly Fusion Forums

Now I Truely Have Seen Everything

Being from southern Ontario I thouht I'd seen just about all one could see fishing which would be termed bizzare and un-usual. I've been proven wrong! So at a rather high traffis area on the Bow I get there and see maybe 4-5 guys spread out over all I could see, 1-2 KM. So on the one bank I see this lone guy and think to myself I'll fish below him a bit then hop on the trail and go a ways above him, giving him lots of room either way. So I fish up to a point below him and lose track of him, then popping around a bit of bush there he is about 100' in front. And there he is with video and still camaras filming himself catching fish! He'd get one, play it a bit, adjust his camara, do a bit of commetary, play the fish a bit, do some more adjusting and yakking. Then he starts a rag on me for 'crowding' his shot, yah I did ease up to him a bit to get a better seat. So lets just say after I told him a thing or two we didnt part as friends. Later I got thinking that I've seen this guy somewhere, and it hit me, he's one of our 'expert' outdoor writers, who's name I will withhold. I can hardly wait to read his article on what I saw!

wow. thinks he owns the river eh? lol

I seem to remember hearing about a former well known walk and wade 'guide' who used to place backpacks between certain sections of the shoreline and if someone happen to come into that area, this 'guide' would stand right next to this intruder, making him feel unwelcomed until he left said area.

judge not, lest yee be judged.

Seems you heard half the story on just one particular day, 7 years ago. It wasnt backpacks marking a spot it was people casting OVER me that set me off, others drew their own conclusions, so be it. Cast over me today and tangle my line and you'll still get the same reaction. Judge not unless ye know the whole truth.

I seem to remember hearing about a former well known walk and wade 'guide' who used to place backpacks between certain sections of the shoreline and if someone happen to come into that area, this 'guide' would stand right next to this intruder, making him feel unwelcomed until he left said area.

judge not, lest yee be judged.

and , if you can back that up with an actual client of mine saying I did that please feel free to do so. But you can't, unless your lying.

cheers.

Please read

http://flyfishcalgary.com/board/index.php?showtopic=1784

"Please treat all other community participants with respect and do not use FlyFishCalgary.com forum features to threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse other users. The purpose of our communities is to exchange information and opinions on Fly-fishing and Fly Tying, and provide an open forum for users of all ages. Please avoid personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your interactions. This includes other members, non-members, guides and businesses".

As a photographer, I'd be pissed too if you got close enough to be in the shot. Plenty of river for anyone. No need for you to disturb someone trying to make a living just cause you may be nosy.

Well if I got in his pictures at the distance I was he's as poor at photography as he is at fish handling. He's not a pro anything other than BSer from what I've seen of his writing in his articles. Smiling and grinning like a fool for the camara after writing an article about safe fish handling. I've always said if someone is making an idiot of themselves in public people are going to stop and see how stupid they really are!