Fly Fusion Forums

Scam At Calgary Stampede And Capital Ex

i was at capital ex in edmonton on saturday. we go to the trade fair and come across a booth called life detox or doctor detox, it cliams to remove harsh chemicals from your body using electric ions through your feet in a foot bath. so my mother and girl friend give it a try, it cost $40 for 1/2 hour and $1250 for the machine. so they start there foot bath in clean water within 10 minutes the water is black with sludge , and they tell you this is toxic toxins being leached from you liver, kidneys,heart,brain ect.. they had my mom so convinced after her treatment that she was full of terrible chemicals and parisites , she almost bought a machine for $1250 , i had to drag her from the booth before she became another victim of this scam. well they were doing there treatment i was talking to one of the scam artist , he told me that they had between 150-300 people a day try this machine at the calgary stampede , wow at $ 40.00 each thats a ton of cash not even including the machines they sold for $1250.00. when we got home i started looking online and found out this was a totall scam, watch these videos. i called a locall news team and they are going to be meeting with my mom tomarrow , it should be on global news in the evening . if you seen these guys at calgary stampede and got scamed into buying one of the machines you might have a chance to gey your money back buy contacting troubleshooter@globaltv.com (julie)

Interesting - looks like I have some research to do.

My mother-in-law has one of these and swears by it! I've done it quite a few times myself actually. I do notice one major difference though.. with hers, there is no wrist strap or any other device connected to you that would "complete the circuit". You just put your feet in the water and that's it. Other than that, it's the same as the ones in the videos.

I've asked her a couple times if she's ever tried running it without anyones feet in the water to see what happens - that maybe the junk was coming out of the water itself? I don't think she ever did..

The girlfriend's little sister is into alternative medicine (read: slightly nuts), and was doing this like two years ago. I called BS on it, especially when I found out her 'doctor's' 'practice' was in his basement.