Fly Fusion Forums

Two-handed Workshop

ScandiCaster

Please see full details of these workshops in the "Sponsor Announcements" Section.

As we learned last year, the spaces filled up fast.

This year the classes are divided over two days so that everyone can get the attention they want.

INSTRUCTORS

Dan McCrimmon FFF MCCI, THCI (Program Examiner) , Board of Governor and GUIDELINE ProStaff and Jack Cook famous line builder and fly tyer.

There will be lots of "Scandi" gear and lines to test out at your leisure

There is the begginers day on June 27th

The Advanced Caster on June 28.

Note: An intermediate or advanced caster should be able to do the basic Single Spey, Double Spey, Switch Cast, and snake roll.

See the entry at "Sponsors events and sign up from there.

WE WILL MEET AT THE END OF SOUTHLAND DRIVE, NEAR THE FOOTBRIDGE at 9:00 AM

Thanks to everyone who made last years event fun and rewarding.

Dan McCrimmon

Please see full details of these workshops in the "Sponsor Announcements" Section.

As we learned last year, the spaces filled up fast.

This year the classes are divided over two days so that everyone can get the attention they want.

INSTRUCTORS

Dan McCrimmon FFF MCCI, THCI (Program Examiner) , Board of Governor and GUIDELINE ProStaff and Jack Cook famous line builder and fly tyer.

There will be lots of "Scandi" gear and lines to test out at your leisure

There is the begginers day on June 27th

The Advanced Caster on June 28.

Note: An intermediate or advanced caster should be able to do the basic Single Spey, Double Spey, Switch Cast, and snake roll.

See the entry at "special events and sign up from there.

Thanks to everyone who made last years event fun and rewarding.

Dan McCrimmon

I took Dan's evening class last year and really enjoyed it quite a bit and highly suggest this course to anyone who spey fishes.

Beeing a Instruction Dan has a way of explaining things that makes everything seem to click in place, only thing, if you use too much top hand watch out for flying rocks (inside joke)

Looking forward to seeing you again, Dan and to finally meet Jack Cook. Can't wait to play with the new Guidline Spey rods/lines. Last years workshop really improved my Scandi casting significantly.

Anyone interested in learning about casting two handed rods or improving their Spey casting knowledge/skills, will really enjoy these workshops. Dan is one heck of an instructor, phenomenal Scandi caster and a great guy. See you on June 27/28.

Last year i had a day spent on the Bow hanging out with Dan, his side kick for the day was Denise Maxwell, also two great anglers from Italy's world flyfishing team. If you want to talk about pressure ,of course Denise nine time World champion caster, one of the top guides on the Bulkley River , she was so laid back ,no pressure. Dan was such a simple guy who has a knack for teaching and making it easy, we spent more time laughing than catching. He helped myself become a better Scandi caster within minutes. I would highly recommend this course for anyone who wants to become a better two handed caster, it will be fun . Dan is a Knowledgable instructor with all the fff certificates, Dont miss this one with Jack Cook . Wanna know something about making your own fly lines to building awesome flies talk to Jack.

Im looking forward to spending a late night on the Bow with Dan and Jack

A class with Dan McCrimmon and Jack Cook would be time well spent. I have Hosted Scandinavian Casting Weekends featuring Dan McCrimmon and came away with a fresh perspective on the Sport.

Dans wit , keen sense of humor and effortless instruction style makes for very productive Classes.

Getting the understanding of what Scandinavian casting is all about along with making sense of how to perform and when to make each of the cast is essential in Scandinavian fly fishing

Jack Cook from Guideline U.S.A. has been in the forefront of the modern Scandinavian Fishing movement in the Northwest and Great lakes.

A for runner in using Scandinavian heads in varying density to fish the water better has been the his focus for years along with designing custom shooting head and working with others to build better ways to present the fly to the fish.

This is a chance to learn to better with less effort with the Scandinavian Flyfising.

Speybum

Hey guys

Don't forget your gear for all weather work. Also Bhurt.... maybe this year you should lose the sun parasol... I am not sure how you got those great casts off while holding the parasol, but well it looked ..... well.... kinda weird.

We will be in town Thursday and Friday. If there is some interest I am happy to put on a small class of line welding on Thursday or Friday evening. Someone local need to arrange it. You can call me tomorrow at 425 922-5413 and we can set the details. As lonmg as I get some afternoon fishing time.....

There are a few spots still available for anyone interested in attending the Scandi/Spey casting workshops on Saturday and Sunday. You can either send Dan (Scandi) or Jack (Speyman), a pm or show up Saturday, 9:00AM, at the Southland Pedestrian Bridge. (We'll meet in the parking lot.)

Don't miss the opportunity to learn from a couple of the best Speycasters in the business.

It's going to be a great weekend with lots of sun, fun and blue skies.

WOW

It was fun to meet the crew and see and fish the beautiful Bow

Thanks to all

I cannot tell you how much casting expertise I picked up from Dan

Two Handed and Single Handed

Always time well spent

I will be back in late September

I travel a great deal from country to country doing workshops and testing. I have a pretty good idea of what is happening in the different communities internationally. I want to congratulate the Calgary two-handed community on their amazing sense of brotherhood and support. Somehow you guys have made something beautiful out of our sport.

1. A willingness to explore alternate techniques

2. Supporting each other by exchanging concepts and information

3. Respecting each others opinions.

4. Understanding that asking questions and learning is the key to success

Also the recognition that practice makes perfect.

Cherish and build on what you have. I am proud to be associated with you.

Thank you so very much for including me.

Dan McCrimmon

PS Thank you to Toolman for showing me how to get my boss's fly back from the big ol' Brown that broke it off. Nice for me to say, "Hey Boss, here is your fly back"

I had a great weekend and learned a lot. Thanks to Dan and Jack for supporting our Spey community.

I'll see you both again in September. Looking forward to it.

Greg

ps. Love the Guideline LeCie Spey rods and my new Guideline S1/S2 Sinking head.