Fly Fusion Forums

1032 And Winchell

I finally got a chance to try out my new to me 1032 Jon boat on Winchell lake ( couple of km's from Bottrel on the 22 ).

I figured this would be a good place to try it out and I had a blast.

As a 1 man boat I found it easy to unload, manuver the lake with the 30lbs Minn Kota that I got with the boat. The boat skipped around at a blistering 4 or 5 kms I am sure or at least a slow jog which I am sure will show to be addiquate. There was a couple of times a good gust of wind came up and would diffinatly push the boat with ease but all I would have to do is point it in the dirrection of the wind and turn up the thottle. I would like to say that the power of that bad boy being turned on would throw me back a bit but I can't. I can honestly say that it did move forward at a slow walk but you knew you were moving forward which made me confidate that I would not have to worry.

Now for the bad points;

The rear seat/bench is too far back and is to low

I would like taller side but not a deal breaker

Modifications

I will be removing the rear bench seat, make a mount so I can mount a pedistal seat about 6" forward and 4" taller which will swivel.

The weather was excellent, hot with a small breeze that would gust up a couple of times but nothing to bitch about.

The fish were bitting at anything that hit the surface and hitting hard when the did hook which made you think you had a gooder on the line. It would only take a couple of seconds to realize that it was just anouther 6" with spunck.

I had a blast, it was a great day with nothing to complain about except the ride home as the traffic thru Airdre was terrible at 4 in the afternoon.

I can and will recomend this type of boat as a excellent pond/small lake boat as long as it is used as a one man boat. I am sure you could have a second person in it but I feel it would be a little tippy.

Got a 1432 recently. With a deck in the front and back works pretty good. Lorne and I have tried it out a few times. I can haul it to and from the water solo, electric motor, works awesome. With he and I was a bit tippy before the decks, but haven't fallen out of it yet. Pretty happy with where it's gotten us.

Got a 1432 recently. With a deck in the front and back works pretty good. Lorne and I have tried it out a few times. I can haul it to and from the water solo, electric motor, works awesome. With he and I was a bit tippy before the decks, but haven't fallen out of it yet. Pretty happy with where it's gotten us.

Did you build the decks and do you have a picture? I have a couple of idea's but it's always nice to see what others have fabed up.

Just 3/4 " plywood and 2 x 4's. Cut to match the shape of the front, 2 x 4's for support underneath. Got some outdoor carpet for it, but haven't put it on yet. Kinda slapped together but it works well. I'm kinda tall at 6'3", and about 210, so it gets a bit scary if you move too quick. No issues casting out of it though, need to head to Bullshead some day with it. With Lorne and I we both cast at the same time, no problem. Anchor both ends, good to go. May build some braces to lean on for casting, just need to plan it in my head and get the welder fired up. Lorne's electric motor powers it no problem, but a high wind kinda makes for tough going.

post-1598-1244331083.jpg

I have a 1232 Crestliner that I use at bullshead all the time. I have two swivel seats bolted to the benches (wood with marine paint in between). One on each bench and they offset each to balance weight when two people are in boat. Have also laid some matting on the floor to flatten it out and to soften the sound. Not set up for rowing, but use with an electric or gas motor. I have a little 5 hp, basically new motor that I haven't used in two years. Looking to sell if anyone's interested.

Love the boat...the low sides is one of the bonuses. I can lean over and release a fish with ease while keeping it in the water at all times.