Fly Fusion Forums

Advice....

Hey Everyone,

I am going out with my father-in-law tonight for his first trip wading on the river. It is only my second or third time not in a boat. I am not looking for anyone's honey holes or anything, I am just looking for some advice on a location. I live in the North end of the city and am not too familar with any of the access points in the south. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You in advance....

South Fish Creek park in Sicome Lake.

Take Bow Bottom Road off of Deerfoot south and keep going. Burnsmead, Bankside and the Boat Launch (all in Sicome Lake) are all good access points to the south bow.

If you are looking at south of the city, Policeman's Flats is the most common.

Rufus28

I would stop in at any one of our great sponcer shops in the SW

County Pleasures, Fish Tales or the new SouthBow store and ask them for the hot fly's and get them to point out the good access spots.

Fish creek, Policemans, Mckinnon Flats ECT

I would stop in at any one of our great sponcer shops in the SW.

County Pleasures, Fish Tales or the new SouthBow store and ask them for the hot fly's and get them to point out the good access spots.

Hats off to you BigBowTrout ... nice to see someone recognizing the sponsors of this Forum and giving them a plug. Too bad such recognition is not universal.