Fly Fusion Forums

Troutfitters Open

I don't think I will be going there with Mike being forced out.

Jonny5,

Not sure why this would be a factor in your decision to not go to Troutfitters? There are always three sides of the story with situations like this. Both sides will have a different perspective and there is the truth. People do not get forced out of their shops or companies if they are doing a stellar job or do they? So if Mike was forced out, what did or didn't he do to warrant his partners to get him out? It isn't a usual occurence for one owner to be ousted for a unjustifiable cause; it is too costly of a venture to perform that task. However, that is none of our business.

I will have to admit that every time I went into the old Troutfitters I appreciated the great customer service that I received regardless of if I was asking for river reports or was buying a rod.

Regardless, I wish the new store luck with their future endeavours and hope that people who are condemning the shop with only one side of the arguement can try to look at the larger picture of what occurred here. We have gotten back a great resource for what was too long of a break.

Ciao

the shop will never be the same without mike but they are open and i am sure that the new owners will do a great job and follow in his footsteps. i do wish that they would move back to the NW but there loccation is fine with me. I think we should all partay!

Jonny5,

Not sure why this would be a factor in your decision to not go to Troutfitters? There are always three sides of the story with situations like this. Both sides will have a different perspective and there is the truth. People do not get forced out of their shops or companies if they are doing a stellar job or do they? So if Mike was forced out, what did or didn't he do to warrant his partners to get him out? It isn't a usual occurence for one owner to be ousted for a unjustifiable cause; it is too costly of a venture to perform that task. However, that is none of our business.

I will have to admit that every time I went into the old Troutfitters I appreciated the great customer service that I received regardless of if I was asking for river reports or was buying a rod.

Regardless, I wish the new store luck with their future endeavours and hope that people who are condemning the shop with only one side of the arguement can try to look at the larger picture of what occurred here. We have gotten back a great resource for what was too long of a break.

Ciao

Very well put. Hopefully those who choose not to go for whatever reason will keep their decision to themselves and not turn this thread into a *hit show. I'll stop by and check it out when I have a chance.

Some nice PR there BRT...

Jonny5,

Ciao

was my go to shop as closest to inner city but will miss mike and noelle as i enjoyed dealing with them. but then again he/she who has the money has the power......who are the owners? maybe the new manager will be as good as the old.....