Fly Fusion Forums

Pretty Fly For A Walleye

jksnijders

Or as Weird Al said, "Pretty Fly for a Rabbi".. Got one once a few years back accidently, always meant to target them since but never got around to it. After seeing "The Lawyer's" post thought I'd put up a couple pics. Most aren't great, was pretty dark when they get real active. Lorney and I got out late one night just to get out of the house, it turned out to be a good call. No leader, just heavy mono, mainly because (myself) I figured any incident pike caught would probably be small, and lacking good dentures, and Walleye teeth don't cut line. Got a bit of a surprise when a high 20's pike grabbed my Woolly Bugger though, only thing that got it to shore was the corner o' the mouth hookup.. Definitely going out again, and hopefully get some better pics..

post-1598-1243483613.jpg

Nice 'eyes! Dang,them teeth look nasty in the first pic!

Some good-sized ones there;bet it was a bit o' fun...

Heading to Pine Coulee tomorrow evening,if all goes as planned;hopefully,the little 'eyes are hungry!

Britz and I went to crawling valley and newell last weekend, walleye weren't bitting but lots of pike action.

Where did you catch your walleye?

Walleye have a thing for moving water..