Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Fishing Vest... Weigh-off!!

Same for me, load up a GLoomis fly box before heading out, 3 spools of tippet material, nippers, floatant and a hemostat. Steelhead season is a little different especially if I'm swinging a spey rod, spools, tips, tube flies, spey patterns, gloves, toque, the list goes on and on.

Colin

It's too hot in summer for a vest. I just go with a good outdoor shirt with lots of pockets, and some cargo shorts. And I usually only carry the bare necessities, no need to carry the same stuff from early spring thru untill late fall. Saves alot of weight.

When I first started a year ago I had the vest and all the gear. I was constantly getting sore backs and dislocating my shoulder (Already injured from years of abuse from playing football)

I since then have gotten rid of the vest gone to a backpack (swiss gear) I can now hold double the amount I use to, no longer get a sore back and only dislocate my should about 5% of the time (I know it sounds strange but ask Max about the bow I caught with my shoulder out)

Anyways I did try a hip pack but lost a shite load of stuff in 2 months I used it for.

Back pack all the way!

Fanny pack...probably about 5 pounds, not including the 2 bottles of water I normally carry.

Take a look at all that weight on your back....my shoulders ache just thinking about it. Just can't be good for you. Especially when you get old like me :blink: