Fly Fusion Forums

Knot Glue

chidders

I was thinking of trying some knot glue on my knots between my leader and tippet when using a dry fly. What are your thoughts on this? I’m worried it might interfere with the presentation or casting.

Also wondering if it is buoyant or will it sink the line?

Guest rusty

Not sure why you'd bother. A properly lubricated knot (just put it in your mouth before tightening) is really strong.

For leader to tippet connections, use a triple surgeon's knot and you'll have no problems.

ditto..I wouldn't bother messing with glues, if your having problems busting off construction knots, the problem is in your knot or leader and i doubt glue would help at all, I use blood knots, surgeons knot for lighter tippets, with very little incidences..

I use the uv knotsense glue for my fly line to leader connection not for extra strenght or anything just to smooth over the knot so that it will slide thru the eyelets really easy and then I never have to worry about it snagging on an eyelet as for the leader to tippet you could try it ,but i don't know what it would get you and I am not dure if it is bouyant or not.

A little bit of clear nail poilsh will work on the fly line to leader connection to make it slide easily through the guides. I never use it, just something I read in a magazine before. I never mess with blood knots...they look too difficult to tie. Double surgeon's for lighter tippets, triple surgeon's for heavier tippets.

Not sure why you'd bother. A properly lubricated knot (just put it in your mouth before tightening) is really strong.

For leader to tippet connections, use a triple surgeon's knot and you'll have no problems.

Tried that the other day and pinched a part of my tongue!! haha