Fly Fusion Forums

Scierra Cc3 Stockingfoot Waders

My 1 yr old pair of waders gave in and I decided not to buy that model again... so now I am thinking to try this Scierra CC3 or step it up to another model (which is double price of the Scierra CC3).

What is your experience with the CC3? It is really cheap, but is it worth only that much? How long has it lasted? What are the weak points? Thx.

Depending on your size I have a pair of Orvis pro guide 3 waders that I am willing to sell for a great deal, near half price. They are brand new stilll in the box and have a life time warrenty.

As for scierra, I love their reels so much I went back this year to buy a 3-4 weight reel for my dry fly rod. I was told by Wayne at Hansons that Scierra no longer supplies Canada and has scaled back their operations to the UK only.

Matt

I personally own 2 of the Cc3 waders and absoultly love then. The thigh high gravel gard is absoultly fambouls. After 175 outting with them yast year they are still very good.

If you need a pair talk to speygillie on the boards as I got the second pair from him and only cost $200 cdn and that included shipping from UK.

Gordie will be in town on May 11th doing a free demo with Scott McKenzie (3 time world casting champion) so I wold talk to him I know there was a size I belive it was the mediums that he was unable to get.

But if you are able to get your hands on a pair then you will not be disappointed.

I personally own 2 of the Cc3 waders and absoultly love then. The thigh high gravel gard is absoultly fambouls. After 175 outting with them yast year they are still very good.

If you need a pair talk to speygillie on the boards as I got the second pair from him and only cost $200 cdn and that included shipping from UK.

Gordie will be in town on May 11th doing a free demo with Scott McKenzie (3 time world casting champion) so I wold talk to him I know there was a size I belive it was the mediums that he was unable to get.

But if you are able to get your hands on a pair then you will not be disappointed.

Thanks BHurt! I guess living close to UK has some benefits :), because there is no Scierra CC3 shortage (I need size M) here. Actually, I have ordered my waders and look forward to test them soon. I am also interested to get the benefit of no inseam design, as most of my waders failed there.

I would like to get a pair after having wet feet for 11 hours yesterday. Where's the best place to order them from? Is the sizing chart accurate?

Thanks

I guess this question is for BHurt or Speygillie. I am buying mine for 159 euro. The customer service do speak English, but their whole website is in Finnish. If you still interested, I could pm you the web address.

The shop helped me to choose based on the size chart, so I believe it is correct. They are a bit wider (waist and chest) and have shorter legs than my previous pair of waders (they fit really nicely). I have read some complaints about the limited stride it allows (shorter legs), so be sure it is about same length as the one you currently use.

I guess this question is for BHurt or Speygillie. I am buying mine for 159 euro. The customer service do speak English, but their whole website is in Finnish. If you still interested, I could pm you the web address.

The shop helped me to choose based on the size chart, so I believe it is correct. They are a bit wider (waist and chest) and have shorter legs than my previous pair of waders (they fit really nicely). I have read some complaints about the limited stride it allows (shorter legs), so be sure it is about same length as the one you currently use.

I personally have never had a problem with walking or stepping over things, or even moving through barb wire fence. In sort they are by far the nest that I have ever owned and will countie to just buy the Scierria CC3 waders.

I will also note that they are perfect in the extremly hot days as I only wear my boxers under them and I am a happy camper all day. On the colder days I wear a pair of sweat pants under then and am warm all day also.

Hi Guys,

Just getting packed for the trip over, so not able to get the waders in time to send, or to bring with me, i think they are still a good deal at the website at $250.00 plus shipping but have know knowledge of the company.

seen ya soon.

Gordo.