Fly Fusion Forums

Of Hockey, Curling, And Golf

Well here are some random ramblings that don't matter; Man I love Easter weekend when all the sporting events converge.

1) Didn't see the women's worlds hockey game, but it appears the USA girls have our number for now. Don't really know much; is their team just better, or do we just get a little pysched out playing the Americans?

2) Golf: Ahhhh! Kenny! You had a chance to become the oldest player ever and you blew it!!! BY the way, does Phil lie awake at night knowing if you doesn't dunk his ball on Amen corner (par 3) he probably would have won? And Tiger; good showing for a man who's played very little in the last year; nearly pulled off the comeback - until 17 and 18. So congratulations to Cabrera, the guy who provided the least drama. By the way, does anyone else think that Padraig Harrington got a little screwed by that ruling in round 2 (yeah yeah, I know it made little difference in the end...)

3) Kevin Martin: W. T. F. ??? Throw a rock away, mmmm ok, maybe? But then you go for some ridiculous take-out when an angle raise was there for you for the win???? What kind of decision making is that? Clearly the scots have your number, going 3-0 against your team...

Smitty

Loved it, Kevin Martin's got a big set of cojones, he went for it, came up short in tryin' to rattle the Scots but he went for it. Kevin Martin got balls.

I hope Kevin's cajones keep him warm at night for the next year...........Worst display of skipping I've seen since I played..........What the hell was he thinking??...........Keep a clean house when you're tied coming home with the hammer....(mistake number 1).......why not guard against the Scotland raise instead of wasting one??...........(mistake number 2)........An opposition-stone-raise-double takeout instead of bumping your own?? (mistake number 3).......Yes, a big set of cajones........All the blood from his brain must have been in them...........

Oh, and Angel is my man!!..........Too bad for the pro American commentators though...........I thought they were going to cry..........Perry is a class act.......He was very gracious in defeat and I really felt bad for him........I also thought Phil was classy in his answer to "how did you like playing with Tiger" question.........He may have scripted that one in advance........

I think the womens' hockey final was noticeably faster this year. The lack of parity in previous years tended to make the game look slow. The girls on both teams displayed some great passing and real quick transitions. Canada were a bit too focused on offense and gave up some chances in their own end.

Angel put on a show of consistency - gaining ground on Sat and Sun. He has a nice smooth swing - a real contrast to Perry's oddity.

BTW - Heather Glen is open and the greens and course are in real good shape. I played on worse greens mid summer at some courses last year - only $47 yesterday.

Yeah, the Masters was fun; I liked how Cabrera survived the trees on the first playoff hole- good for him.

Started to watch the end of the curling,when the power went in my neighborhood; by the time it came back, it was over.

Watched 'The Score' to see what happened- no hilites, not even a result in the ticker...WTF?

I didn't really notice any anti-Cabrera sentiment-and I was pulling for him. But could be I'm biased myself....

Phil on the other hand had the opportunity to do something truly truly special. 30 on the front at Augusta? Are you freakin' kidding me? But the sploosh into Rae's Creek on 12 really seemed to change his round. His iron shot on 15 was a thing of beauty-but Tigers putt confused him and once that eagle slid by that was it. Fun tournament! Good for Cabrera. World class save from the trees.