Fly Fusion Forums

Mexico

Guest FoamStoner

Guest Jeremie

no fish but we did get some good shots walking the beach and the flats, aswell as wild life etc caught Cuda in the surf out front of our hotel but never got a picture and saw about 2 small bones tailing on the flat but never got in a good enough position to cast to them

P4080051.jpg

P4080053.jpg

P4080055.jpg

P4080056.jpg

P4080057.jpg

P4080059.jpg

P4080065.jpg

the boat was a sportfishing boat so we were out using gear and got nothing but a Screaming hit, otherwise we saw tuna hit bait balls on the surface and got to cast the fly for those. Had about 3 tuna on but they managed to get off. 4 different bait balls gave us 3 great chances at them from about 10 feet away but never managed to capitalize on them.

Had a great time and we're back in edmonton now planning trips for may, june, july etc

sharpen those hooks :)

Guest Jeremie

we stayed at gran porto real in playa del carmen, right of 5th avenue which was a huge shopping street with quiksilver and diesel and alot of other designer stores

we stayed at gran porto real in playa del carmen, right of 5th avenue which was a huge shopping street with quiksilver and diesel and alot of other designer stores

We stayed at the Real right next door last April. Was one of the best vacations of my life. Great hotel chain. Sweet being 1 block from the shopping and bars.

Guest Jeremie

yeah it was but the mexicans on 5th get really annoying after a while. i dunno my dad got sick at the gran porto but he has a very high sensitivity system, but other wise it was really good they had a place designed for teens where they had 4 Xbox 360's with a huge selection of games, but Halo 3 in spanish confused the hell out of me.