Fly Fusion Forums

New Reg

"To reduce the the incentive of illegal stocking the retention of pike and perch in waters stocked with trout or grayling is illegal unless specified in water body specific regulations."

If transportation between water bodies is already illegal what is this going to do? Are these enlightened individuals who are doing the illegal stocking going to stop because they would now be harvesting illegally?

It will make legitimate licensed anglers vulnerable to fines and confiscation of gear.

I think this was a great change to the regs. Now those buck bios who think that they'll throw some perch in this lake and come back in a few years and reap the reward now have their reward removed. This is a move by the government to combat those anglers or bucket bios that are doing this for harvest reasons soley. Places like Cow are a popular perch fishery now were once a great trout fishery. Too bad you can not keep any from Cow now, but were there really any quality fish coming out of there now in good numbers? I think this was a bold move and maybe the only move the Government had left to combat these clowns. If there is no reward why risk getting caught?

I think this was a great change to the regs. Now those buck bios who think that they'll throw some perch in this lake and come back in a few years and reap the reward now have their reward removed. This is a move by the government to combat those anglers or bucket bios that are doing this for harvest reasons soley. Places like Cow are a popular perch fishery now were once a great trout fishery. Too bad you can not keep any from Cow now, but were there really any quality fish coming out of there now in good numbers? I think this was a bold move and maybe the only move the Government had left to combat these clowns. If there is no reward why risk getting caught?

Anyone with foresight would recognize that stocking perch in a pond without predators means a short term food source with stunted fish in very short order. How much reward was there? Now these same bucket biologists are supposed to have enough foresight to not do illegal stocking due to possibly getting tagged in the future?

So what happens at the ponds where perch have taken over? Are perch added to the specific reg descriptions with unlimited harvest? Can a perch fishery be managed via fishing?

I think we need a new industry - packaged Alberta "cod" fillets. Net and process them.

Well, I am a little confused.

Because reading that new regulation, I fully expected the limits to be reduced to zero at Hasse, Cow, and Dolberg lakes (just a few examples perusing through the guide).

So why are they writing up this new philosophy and yet allowing 15 perch from these lakes?

Am I missing something?

Smitty

Tjat´s exactly right.........Get rid of the reward and it should take away the incentive to illegally stock.......But I think Smitty is right, they should have nixed the limits on those lakes that were already illegally stocked to make te point more clear......