Fly Fusion Forums

Want To Compete In The Canadian Flyfishing Championships?

As the title say's, one of our guys (Kerry Pitt, Writer 1) had to bail due to other commitments.

Our team is in need of a replacement for him. Are you interested?

If so, call me at 604-722-0491 or send me an e-mail at rick@rp3flyfishing.com

The team is made up of;

Rick Passek (Rp3Flyfisher)

Alistar Grogan (Highlander)

Rob Viala (fishin Nut)

Jeff Weltz (Newsman)

And you??????

Rick Passek

Yup, need to have a couple local boys competing. Now I just need an excuse to actually get out and do some fishing.

Colin

Well, I was born and raised in Calgary, so do I still count as a "local Boy"? :kicks:

We are going to have a BLAST together, and we have a very Experienced team so we should do well.

Rick Passek

Welcome aboard Colin. At least we won't go hungry now with Colin on our team. :peesout:

Great to see you join us Colin.

Rob AKA The Fish'n Nut

okay, so let me get this straight, my being on the team has nothing to do with my ability to scare off every fish in a 5 mile radius, but more to do with my ability to cook? <_<

......hmmm, guess I'm okay with that :marsh:

Colin

Update for those who are competing;

Here is the preliminary schedule of events for the 7th Annual FFC National Fly Fishing Championship & Conservation Symposium to be held from September 21st to September 26th, 2009 in Fernie, British Columbia. Electronic registration for the 7th NFFC competitors and volunteers will be up and running on the FFC website www.flyfishingcanada.net in the coming days.

This promises to be another outstanding event - hope to see you there!

PRELIMINARY PROGRAMME

7th NFFC, Fernie, BC September 21-26, 2009.

Sat, Sept 19: Competitors package (sign-in forms, laminated name tags, maps of the venues, official programme, goodie bags, local merchant’s coupons, etc…) available for pick up at the official competition hotel/head-quarters. This will allow the tracking of which competitors and teams have arrived, and to co-ordinate an introduction between any competitors that arrive as individuals wishing form a team with other individuals. “Fly school for young folks”

Monday, Sept 21: First official practice day (competition boats to be available at the lake for the official practice days. Competitors will alternate between venues and apply for a time-slot for the boats to allow equal access and to avoid conflicts. Controllers and judges are not required for practice sessions)

Tuesday, Sept 22: Second official practice day (competitors will again alternate between venues and apply for a time-slot for the boats to allow equal access and to avoid conflicts)

Wednesday, Sept 23: No fishing on competition waters. This day is typically used for team strategy meetings, fly tying and general preparation for competitors, volunteers and organizers.

Wednesday, Sept 23: 12pm: Training for volunteers, controllers and sector judges (FFC representatives will be present to help with clarification and questions concerning the rules and procedures).

Wednesday, Sept 23: 2pm: Captain’s meeting for the drawing of groups and beats and to discuss the rules of this competition and any modifications to the rules.

Wednesday, Sept 23: 5pm: Organizing Committee’s ‘meet & greet’ BBQ for competitors and volunteers, team photos, and opening ceremonies

Thursday, Sept 24: First day of competition - sessions 1 and 2 (morning and afternoon sessions)

Friday, Sept 25: Second day of competition - sessions 3 and 4 (morning and afternoon sessions)

Saturday, Sept 26: Last day of competition - session 5 (morning session only).

Saturday, Sept 26: 3pm to 5pm: Conservation Symposium.

Saturday, Sept 26: 6pm: Closing banquet and awards ceremony and FFC auction.

Sunday, Sept 27: Depart for home.

This information was given to me by Todd Oishi

Rick Passek