Fly Fusion Forums

Sparkle Yarn Vs. Antron

Fishscape

Anyone know if Antron is the same as "Sparkle Yarn" specified in Gary LeFontaine's Deep and Emergent Sparkle Pupa patterns? I'm finding Sparkle Yarn hard to find compared with Antron, S-Lon, Z-Lon, etc.

If they are different, does anyone know where you can buy Sparkle Yarn online with shipping to Canada?

While I'm at it, anyone know which colour combos workbest for these patterns on the Bow and other central AB rivers?

Many thanks.

T-S

Anyone know if Antron is the same as "Sparkle Yarn" specified in Gary LeFontaine's Deep and Emergent Sparkle Pupa patterns? I'm finding Sparkle Yarn hard to find compared with Antron, S-Lon, Z-Lon, etc.

If they are different, does anyone know where you can buy Sparkle Yarn online with shipping to Canada?

While I'm at it, anyone know which colour combos workbest for these patterns on the Bow and other central AB rivers?

Many thanks.

T-S

I just use the yellow antron that you can find at Walmart, Zellers, etc, and instead of the gray dubbing for the head, I use peacock herl.

Here's a good step by step

Emergent Sparkle Pupa

Thanks for the input.

I was aware that Antron is a tri-lobal yarn, but I'm wondering if Sparkle Yarn is different than Antron and if it is more effective in holding air? From photos I have seen, the texture appears to be more crinkly than the Antron yarn I have.