Fly Fusion Forums

I Eat Fish!

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

Guest Sundancefisher

Best plan for eating wild trout!

Take a mesh camp fire hamburger cooker/flipper, package of butter or margarine, salt, cajun spices. Take the short hike into Elbow Lake in K Country. Catch your limit of brookies. Bonk them after catching. Clean guts out. Salt butter and spice them. place them in mesh cooker. Get fire good and hot. Cook over fire (baste with the butter), turning frequently until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside... Eat and repeat next day (I have seen the eat and repeat in the same day with some people). Fish bio says and I agree that the lake is polluted with brookies and they are stunted. Eating them will actual improve the population so bon appetit!

These are GREAT tasting trout. Best in Alberta IMHO (in my humble opinion)

Cheers

Sun

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stockers that are 2yr old (in the lake for one winter) are really tasty I find. you gotta get them in about may before the water really heats up though. lakes like Paine, Beauvais, etc have some dang tasty fish. I cut sloce thru belly, empty guts leave the spine and rest of fish intact.. I cover with butter, stuff the insides with butter n lemon pepper, maybe some onion and garlic as well, then tin foil them up and BBQ them.... MMmMMMmm