Fly Fusion Forums

Bifocal Polarized Fishing Sunglasses

I am looking at purchasing some new sunglasses for this season and I am looking at bifocals with built in "readers". Up until now I have used the flip magnifiers that attach to the frame. There are many styles and price ranges and I was looking for advice regarding manufacturer and style. As always, Thanks all for your help.

Maui Jim started making "readers" sunglasses about a year ago. MJ is one of the leaders in polarized sunglass technology, so you have the best sunglasses with a bifocal area so you can tie on those size 16 and smaller flies. I picked up a pair of +2.00 in a bronze lens at CP.

Check out http://www.mauijim.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...1_11101_N__2_3_

And you can barley make out the bifocal line in the picture

LRG807-02.jpg

Thanks, someone had to come up with a decent EXPENSIVE solution didn't they. <_<

Now I have to have them.

Expensive?? Try 4 pair of progressives... cheaper to get Lasik surgery and a pair Maui's

Guest Sundancefisher
Expensive?? Try 4 pair of progressives... cheaper to get Lasik surgery and a pair Maui's

Careful buying frames online before you can be sure your prescription will fit. The size, shape, curve and other factors make it hard to buy.

I have yet to find a really good pair of glasses for fishing. Fitovers seem to work the best for me. Only problem is people ask you if you just had eye surgery. I say yes now. I prefer the pity then the laughs.

Ditto!

Hi, I have MJ sunglasses, but couldn't see much, I needed glasses, I now have progressives glasses and polarized progressive sunglasses, not used them fishing yet but love them driving. I hope they work for fishing... Costco. good price $300.00 and $400.00 for my glasses, only thing is when I want to use my sunglasses I have to switch from my progressive reading glasses.. pain in the !@#$ but better then having 4 different glasses in total.. hope this helps...

Go to Fish Tales and check out the Kaenon sunglasses line they carry (or check out http:kaenon.com).

This line has a variety of frames and lenses specifically suited to water sports and fishing, and has some of the best optics in the industry. They offer single vision and graduated lenses over a wide range of tints and lens styles, including curved and wraparound lenses.

Some of the best in the industry.