Fly Fusion Forums

Piece Of Crap Cappuccino Maker

Our Braun Cappuccino maker just gave up the ghost. Piece of crap was only 21 yrs old. I know this because it was a wedding present. This was given to us back in the day that you didn't need a $1500 Expresso/Cappuccino machine. I can feel my wallet getting lighter as we speak.

Rick,

21 years! Wow, I doubt you could get that kind of quality with the next one you buy!! I bet'cha it'll only last 4 -5 max (if that)!!

Lemme know and you can invite me over for a cappuccino with extra love (foam, that is ;) )?!

Good luck!

P

I use an MSR 4 shot espresso unit I picked up at MEC. Nice and simple, good for home and the bush. It gets you going in the morning!

Not sure about cappuccino, that is just an espresso with warm milk on the top,isn't it?

Rick,

21 years! Wow, I doubt you could get that kind of quality with the next one you buy!! I bet'cha it'll only last 4 -5 max (if that)!!

Lemme know and you can invite me over for a cappuccino with extra love (foam, that is ;) )?!

Good luck!

P

Look at the maunfacture's warrenty, most likely you will see the wear and tear and breakage after that expires as most manufacters do tests to find out these things so they do not have to warrenty it.

Aluminum_Coffee_Maker.jpg

I have one of these that is definately older than me, and makes deliciuos coffee every morning. Handle fell off around its 20th year of use... a new one was added, and I would guestimate that this thing has been trouble free for about 15 years. My parents wanted it back after their espresso maker proved to be a waste of time and money (and space), but I told them I can't find it. ;)

Ohh, and I'll add that this thing gets really popular when at the end of a skiing day, I pop it out and make a fresh coffee in the middle of the mountains. How many of those plug in ones can you do that with? :caffee:

I have one of these that is definately older than me, and makes deliciuos coffee every morning. Handle fell off around its 20th year of use... a new one was added, and I would guestimate that this thing has been trouble free for about 15 years. My parents wanted it back after their espresso maker proved to be a waste of time and money (and space), but I told them I can't find it. ;)

Ohh, and I'll add that this thing gets really popular when at the end of a skiing day, I pop it out and make a fresh coffee in the middle of the mountains. How many of those plug in ones can you do that with? :caffee:

I've had these in my campers since i saw them, and have never looked back..one of the best purchases i've ever made ..nothing better then a jolt of caffeine before steelheading in october..or stonefly fishing in july!...or anytime in the wild really

Already have a couple. She is making her coffee with one now cuz I'm too lazy to find the box with the cappuccino maker she bought at an estate sale years ago.

There is actually 0 chance of me buying an expensive cappuccino/expresso maker. Same reason I don't own a high end fishing rod. I am exceedingly cheap.