Fly Fusion Forums

Hot Spots!!!!!

Questions for you first. What's you leveL of fly fishing? where do Where are you located? ? Most of the small waters are iced up to some degree so you need to know about winter fishing. Little early for dry fly fishing. On the Bow look for opened water anywhere.

The best place to start is to read previous posts on this forum. a bit of research will answer all of your questions. This question has been asked many times.

Questions for you first. What's you leveL of fly fishing? where do Where are you located? ? Most of the small waters are iced up to some degree so you need to know about winter fishing. Little early for dry fly fishing. On the Bow look for opened water anywhere.

The best place to start is to read previous posts on this forum. a bit of research will answer all of your questions. This question has been asked many times.

i know it is to early for dry fly but im talkaing once the ice all melts and in spring and summer time. I am located in bowness but i am willing to drive to acces some good little trout streams. Any streams that are good and or not over crowded. I like to fish streams that are anywhere from 50 feet cross to 10

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

where ever you see a run on the bow is a good place to go, fish creek and down stream is all good, but once the ice is off the other waters i will be gone from the SWAMP. Do your home work and you will find a plethora of fishable waters that are only 30 min out of town and dont stink like CRAP and have condoms and tampon applicators floating with the fish. If my favorite spots were open all year round i would never got my line wet in that dump...but the fishing is pretty good on the bow so what can you do.

Not too many people are going to put their favourite areas on the web. Walking the river and look for structure. Watch other fisherman and make a few friends....

I agree, you live in a city with over 1 million people. There wont be much close that is uncrowded, and if there is, I dont think the people that do know about it will post it as it then wont be uncrowded.

Once the season starts, head west and choose either north or south on the trunk road. There is no shortage of streams along there.

Hey just wondering where some good spots to fly fish in and around calgary are. Im looking to wade and fly fish with eithier dry or nymph.

Any aadvice would be much appreciated

Thankx

Never ceases to amaze me. Look at a map or even the Alberta Fishing Guide...you can get them at several different retailers...or possibly the regulations booklet that you get with your fishing license every year. There's just a few ideas of where to start. You won't find many people here that are willing to spoon feed you information that took them many seasons and lots of km's of driving and hiking to find.

If you get lucky you may make some friends that would be willing to take you on a trip or two and show you some gems.

ALso check the "Fishing Get Togethers" section and head out with some people from there.

But the best advice is just get out, on the Bow there is very little bad water.

get a back roads map book as well, great way to find access, also check this site out

http://atlas.nrcan.gc.ca/site/english/maps/topo/map/

I find topo maps really helpful in finding water

Tight lines

Teck