Fly Fusion Forums

Spey Casting Clinic ,in Store,on Water And Private

ogilvie

Again this year we are going to come to Calgary and help put on a Spey Casting Clinic for all levels.

There will be an in-store interactive session to provide much info' for casters about rods/lines/reels/casts and so on. We will hold a clinic on the water the following day and conduct a private lessons period as well..open only to 6 persons.

The location and date are still up in the air but it looks like the last week of March..however,that may change...to an earlier date...of course weather is a factor.

Looking forward to working with you all again

C

We are madly working at pinning down the date,location and costs..

Private lessons will be $150 /person in 2 groups of 3 only...one in the Morning and One in the afternoon...

If you can make the in-store segment do so...it is well worth the time.

C

• 1 month later...

April 3,4,5 I am going to be in Calgary at the new fly shop...South Bow fly and Tackle,I will be doing Fly tying with Tubes,Stingers and intruder patterns. Also will be doing some instore discussion on Spey Casting on the Friday. Saturday will hold some private casting instruction in the Morning from 9-1 on the Bow and back at the store after that for some warm coffee and fish talk. On the Sunday we will have a casting demo open to all,bring your rods and set-ups for some evaluation and tune-up...have some fun and cast .

Please notify me here if you plan to have private lessons

C

There are several places available for Saturday mornings Spey casting Clinic...this is a great time to get the goods on Spey Casting in all it's forms. How it applies to you and how to get your casting down!

I am looking froward to working with the many of you and associating with the new Store that will be there for your needs. Don't miss this opportunity

Call the store or email me for confirmation

C

There are several places available for Saturday mornings Spey casting Clinic...this is a great time to get the goods on Spey Casting in all it's forms. How it applies to you and how to get your casting down!

I am looking froward to working with the many of you and associating with the new Store that will be there for your needs. Don't miss this opportunity

Call the store or email me for confirmation

C

I will take a private lesson if you still have time available.

Pm me is there is still room.

Courtney, please sign me up for one of your casting lessons on Saturday morning.

Murray

Hi Murray,...

Have you signed up... there will be a group of 4 only...we will meet at the new store at 9AM...

See you then

C

I'd be interested if newbies are allowed to sign up. Can you give us an estimate on the cost of the clinic?

Thanks.

Reg...

Of course, New Casters are indeed what it is all about...

Saturday Morning is open to 1 more at $150.....

let em know

C

I just got back from 3 excellant hours of spey casting instruction from Courtney. It was the best lesson that I have taken. Although you couldn't call me proficient yet, I feel that I can at least make the rod work for me now. If it weren' for a previous commitment this afternoon, I would still be out there practising these new skills. Courtney, youre a hell of a teacher and I had fun playing on the water. Val, if you're reading this, how much do you want for that 13 ft. rod you lent to C. For the guys that couldn't make it out, too bad, you missed a great lesson. See you all on the river.

Murray

I just got back from 3 excellant hours of spey casting instruction from Courtney. It was the best lesson that I have taken. Although you couldn't call me proficient yet, I feel that I can at least make the rod work for me now. If it weren' for a previous commitment this afternoon, I would still be out there practising these new skills. Courtney, youre a hell of a teacher and I had fun playing on the water. Val, if you're reading this, how much do you want for that 13 ft. rod you lent to C. For the guys that couldn't make it out, too bad, you missed a great lesson. See you all on the river.

Murray

Val has her rod back,smiling,(and Thank you for the kind words) I made it back safely and you fly fishers in the Calgary area are in for a real treat with the new store...Mike and Dave will become very quickly terrific assets for knowledge and comittment to fly fishers.

It is a rare time indeed when during casting clinics I get to see large Brown Trout roll as they did on Friday Afternoon on the Bow at policeman's...wonderful.

Tight lines (constant tension)