Fly Fusion Forums

Paid Acces To Hunt, Fish?

jonny5

maybe if they enforced some catch and release regs on pheasent hunting the populations in alberta would be a lot better and they wouldn't have to spend resource dollars on restocking populations. :angry: just my two bits!!

Kinda getting off topic but from all the info I have gathered there is no long-term recruitment of pheasants in Alberta anyhow. They may winter over if it is mild, but a winter like this I think they all become coyote popcicles.

The Knight (east Deseret) ranch did let guys on to hunt elk this year(but not mule deer). Well, except for some "special" cases. The ranch is concerned with the elk eating their oats. Interestingly they would go and retrieve your elk for you if you paid $150 UP FRONT. I've heard the Deseret is VERY interested in getting a hold of tags but the MacIntyre probably won't allow hunting under any circumstance.

I don't see how this program will help the average hunter in anyway and it sets a precedent for money flowing to landowners for game (at least legally as opposed to illegally like it is now).

From what I understand that the Macintyre will not be participating in the program. I believe the Knight ranch let some resident hunters kill cow elk only this past season, and Mule deer bucks by the outfitter only. second hand info though...

For those that don't know the background of the Deseret Ranches, just google it. You will understand why I think that a $20 trespass fee will not make them all of a sudden allow resident hunters access. Their spreads in utah are strictly pay to play, you have to hunt with an outfitter and purchase a landowner permit. In Utah $20 won't get you past the front gate.