Fly Fusion Forums

Flyrods

bowfin

the last time i was out fishing i broke my rod right at the second eye from the tip was wondering is it repairable. I have had this rod for number of years now its a browning gold medalion its a 8wt. Or do i have to break down and get a new outfit. I only flyfish the bow and a few trout lakes. If i have to get a new outfit can a guy get a decent combo for under a couple hundred bucks.

Since i'm new to the sport, i've picked up a couple rigs (one for me, one for my Dad's B-day). I got a 6wt setup with reel, flyline, and leader from Wholesale sports for $165, and the one I picked up for my Dad was the same sort of thing, maybe a little higher quality from Hanson's Fishing Outfitters for an even $200 (their 'bootcamp' setup).

Nothing special, but i've got fish out of the water with it!

Its a pretty simple repair, you'd lose the 8-10 inches of rod above the break (most in-line repairs would be too bulky on that part of the tip section) so the action would change a bit. Most guys would just glue on a new tip-top and maybe add a few wraps of thread to match the guides. Rod will be fishable for sure.

If I was in town and set up I could do it for you no problem, definitely give Fishtales a call.

Colin

you might want to look into buying a temple for outfitters rod

they fish really nice and have lifetime waranty.

you can pick one up for around 2-300.

its no fault lifetime waranty aswell.

so you break it all you do is send the rod into them with 25$ for shipping and they give you a new tip.

a few shops will just take the 25$ and your rod tip

send it in and just give you a new one.

these rods also fish really well.

i fished a temple fork and a g loomis in the same day

and the diffrence is so small

hardly worth the 300+$ diffrence