Fly Fusion Forums

Loop Opti Fly Line

I bought some Loop Opti Stream line from the boys at Whistler at the show. I've had a chance to fish it a couple of times this week, and all I can say is "wow"! I have been hitting seams I typically have issues with easily. My biggest problem has actually been not stripping out enough line when I am shooting and getting a big bounce back when the line hits the end. The place I was fishing this week usually causes me problems catching the small trees and shrubs behind me when I am trying to cast far. I did not have that problem with this line. It seems I can keep it in the air better. I was also roll casting much farther than I did with my old line.

Anyway, as you can see, I'm pretty impressed. This is the first time I've bought a high end line. It won't be the last. Now if I can only keep from stepping on it!!

glad too hear u love it dude! told ya u would be diggin it.. one thing tho u have teh "still water" line... got a few of em on ym sticks n dig it ! the stream is a nice line too and the creek is stellar for shortrange!

I know it is the stillwater, but you guys modified it to be like the stream. I know the taper is a bit different, but close enough?

Whatever. it casts far!

Rick, you know that line really shines when you single hand Spey cast it... :P I watched a certain Bow river ninja shoot almost an entire Opti Stream line with a singe switch cast.

It don't shine like that for me. If I see white at the end of the tip on a roll cast, I'm a happy man.

I know it is the stillwater, but you guys modified it to be like the stream. I know the taper is a bit different, but close enough?

Whatever. it casts far!

ye dude close enough~! for anyone wondering.. i trimmed a foot off the front end........

Rick, you know that line really shines when you single hand Spey cast it... :P I watched a certain Bow river ninja shoot almost an entire Opti Stream line with a singe switch cast.

yea she can do taht if teh right indian is shooting teh arrow!