Fly Fusion Forums

Would You Invest In Your Flyfishing Future?

admin

Would you invest in your flyfishing future?

Shortly after offering their St Mary's Riverside properties for sale in June last year St Mary's Riverside Lots got their first "fishing lodge" inquiry. Since then they have heard from several more fly fishing enthusiasts asking a similar question. These folks are suggesting flyfishers would prefer to spend a week or two in a rustic fishing lodge (in which they ownerd a share) than to undertake the purchase of a riverside property and the construction of their own seasonal residence in Nova Scotia. With our help they are conducting a survey to determine whether enough folks are interested in this idea to make it viable.

Please take a minute to learn more about the project and to provide some feedback on the idea http://www.aco.ca/fishing_camp/fly_fishing_club.html

pacreseltoro,

I'd suspect that the sentence below copied from their web site might give a lot of investors pause. If this province is the only province in the area NOT requiring guides for non-residents - how long do will that go on. After the BC $20 charge, I'd suspect a lot of folks would be a tad leery of a Govt decision effecting their fishing opportunities.

Mind you, if you can afford $25,000/week - whats a guide fee?

Copy from site:

The fly fishing experience in this part of Nova Scotia is world class. The area is remote thus fishing pressure is minimal. Outstanding lake, brook and river fishing is available near the proposed lodge from April 1st thru October 31st. Nova Scotia is the only province in Atlantic Canada that does not require non-residents to fish with a paid guide. Once you know the water you are free to fish where you please.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

what do you mean, i fish onterio with out a guide and the cheap mans water in BC with out a guide. Does this mean i broke the law? If im a guide in alberta then can i be one in other provinces when i want (yes i know how the BC system works with tickets and so on)