Fly Fusion Forums

Gsp For President!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest 001

Guest RedWiggler

Holy one sided beat down Batman. I really am surprized that after all the *hit BJ spoke leading up to this fight that he got owned so brutally. GSP kicked your ass dude, go back to your own weight class and quit whining.

I agree. I was a tad nervous heading into that fight as I like BJ Penn as a fighter, but man oh man. I don't think I have ever seen such a one-sided domination.

Great fight and a great win by GSP.

Did you watch the Silva/Luchida fight before that? More one sided, and he ended it in the first round with a nice punch. I was hoping for a bit more entertainment like in the Jones/Bonnar fight before that.

An awesome display of talent by one of our own. I've been a big GSP fan since his first fight in the UFC. Perhaps his most impressive performance, aside from last night's, was his fight against Josh Koscheck. Koscheck is a four-time NCAA Division I All-American wrestling champ, winning all 42 of his matches as a junior. GSP has no wrestling background whatsoever, and that night he made Koscheck look like an amateur. BJ always shoots his mouth off before a big fight. He was on one of the prefight specials saying "to the death George, to the death." I couldn't be more proud of our boy than I am right now. And being named Canada'a 2008 athlete of the year is well deserving.

Can`t wait for theThiago Alves fight!

-N-

:goodvsevil():

An awesome display of talent by one of our own. I've been a big GSP fan since his first fight in the UFC. Perhaps his most impressive performance, aside from last night's, was his fight against Josh Koscheck. Koscheck is a four-time NCAA Division I All-American wrestling champ, winning all 42 of his matches as a junior. GSP has no wrestling background whatsoever, and that night he made Koscheck look like an amateur. BJ always shoots his mouth off before a big fight. He was on one of the prefight specials saying "to the death George, to the death." I couldn't be more proud of our boy than I am right now. And being named Canada'a 2008 athlete of the year is well deserving.

Can`t wait for theThiago Alves fight!

-N-

big fan of GSP but he beat a guy that he outwighed by 15 pounds ( they both wieghed 170 at weigh in but at fight time GSP was closer to 185). He has one more hurdle to climb. he needs to beat the spider ( this time it will be GSP giving up 10-15 lbs at fight time). that will be the single biggest UFC draw of all time if/when that fight happens.

atta boy georges. a great fighter who wins with class ( no trash talk or BS from GSP)

:goodvsevil():

. he needs to beat the spider ( this time it will be GSP giving up 10-15 lbs at fight time). that will be the single biggest UFC draw of all time if/when that fight happens.

GSP vs. Anderson Silva would be an incredible fight. They have a similar style in many aspects and either are more than capable of delivering decisive blows but I think Silva and his slippery jujitsu would triumph in that match. Silva is so much faster and has more reach but on the other hand I think St. Pierre has a better jaw.

It would be a good bout for sure.

Guest RedWiggler

Fighting Silva would be a huge mistake for GSP, George does not need to be fighting out of his weight class. If so he would be a differant fighter at that weight which in turn would result in Anderson killing him.

Fighting Silva would be a huge mistake for GSP, George does not need to be fighting out of his weight class. If so he would be a differant fighter at that weight which in turn would result in Anderson killing him.

I am all for that statement, on a side note BJ Penn filed a grievance with the Nevada State Gameing Commision, stating that GSP cheated. apperantly GSP's corner rubbed vaseline on his back between the 1st and 2nd. That is a no-no, they were caught the vaseline was removed from his corner (not the cutman though.... like he would have needed it) and he was given a point deduction. Bj is saying that prevented him from doing a submission...... so teh *hit talk will continue from BJ Penn

Guest RedWiggler

He did not get Vaseline rubbed on his back, Greg Jackson came out and talked about it today. It looks like it but he did not do it plus they rubbed him off so he was extra clean and dry. I loved BJ before this fight and all the hype, he talked so much *hit leading up to the fight that I could not help but lose some respect for him. Bj is a total bitch now, just take the loss man or you will need to fight him again which we all know you want no part of. GSP owned you for 4 rounds Im not sure if BJ even landed a shot.

He did not get Vaseline rubbed on his back, Greg Jackson came out and talked about it today. It looks like it but he did not do it plus they rubbed him off so he was extra clean and dry. I loved BJ before this fight and all the hype, he talked so much *hit leading up to the fight that I could not help but lose some respect for him. Bj is a total bitch now, just take the loss man or you will need to fight him again which we all know you want no part of. GSP owned you for 4 rounds Im not sure if BJ even landed a shot.

I've always respected BJ's talents but he's always been a bitch and a sore loser...this is not the first time he's reacted this way before and after a fight. I'm not at all surprised by his allegations. But they could do it all over again and GSP will still dominate him, and BJ will still whine and bitch about it. My prediction is he'll lose his next title defense in the lightweight division, especially if it's against Kenny Florian. If you follow this upcoming fight you'll see the same ol' BJ shooting his mouth off. Good riddance, if you ask me.

I think BJ is just beeing a sore loser, I was reading in the paper following up to the fight that BJ was upset with SPIKE with their primetime show and he said that SPIKE was trying to make him look lazy and what not, by what I saw he was training but decieded to take a little break, the fact that Dana White has to call him up and look in on him just shows how much he really tries.

BJ has the making for a great fighter but when you are born with money and have everything given to you it is very hard to motivate yourself into doing something, I think this is what is BJ's problem is, he knows he talent, he knows he can be the greatest in his weight class (lightweight, I don't think he's much of a walter weight fighter) but knowing this and doing this is something diffrent.

BJ also is very well known for trash talking his opponents before a fight, I understand this to a extent, he needs to prepare himself mentally, but some of the things he said were uncalled for, like calling GSP a quiter, I have watched GSP for a long time now and he has never quite, people says he quite against his first match against Matt Hughes, but it was document that 1) GSP was going through a very hard time with his family, 2)_ GSP stated that when he fought Matt he was fighting one of his idols and he couldn't even look him in the eys, but once he got over that the next two fights where just purly domination by GSP

As far as I am concern GSP is the real deal, I dunno how he will do against Thiageo (You don't get a 14-0 record for nothing) and then if he wins that how well will he do against Anderson. Anderson's biggest advatage is his hieght which allows him to utilizie the mai ti clench very effective, and then put in his speed and agility, wow what a fighter.