Fly Fusion Forums

Bad Teenager Stories

When I was a teen just over 10 tender years ago... My father used to say that teen years should be remembered as the "brain-dead years". I won't go into my stories, but in hind sight, I think my old man was bang on.

When one of my Brothers was 13 he stole my Moms new car and went out with his buddys and rolled it 5 times. They then picked up all the parts they could find and somehow drove the car back home and parked it where they found it. They then took out every part that had fallen off and placed it on the ground close to where it should go on the car???? My brother returned the keys back where he had found them then took off to stay at his friends place. When the police caught up to him and asked him what happened he said it must have been a hit and run LOL

Anyhow the only way my folks could make a claim was if they charged him so sure as hell he was charged and he served his one year probation.

Freaking lucky to be alive!!!!!!!!!

You should give my mom a call Lynn....although she may have a mental block of "those" years by now.

All I can say is it comes around. My mom most likely fantasized about just killing me and being done with it but we are super close now. I have a lot of guilt about the things I put them through and lets just say they take full advantage of having a carpenter for a son. Decks and fences and hardwood and finishing and reno's and gates and sheds and on and on and on.

Looking at it now it's the least I could do and honestly I love my folks. I know they did the best they could and that is all any kid for ask for.

Give it a couple of years and all your hard work should start to pay off.

On the other hand due to all the superstitions there is no way in hell I'm having any kids.

It was about my Bro but I did leave out the part about me taking the car a week earlier without a licence and driving to Dennys at the Crossroads off of 16th at 12am. When we left I was driving back down 16th and Holy Crap there was a checkstop. I'm 15 with no licence and I have my two 13 year old brothers and a buddy with me at 3am and the cop waves me past LOL anyway before My Mom passed in June I spent a good day saying sorry for all the crap I but her through. She told me she was just happy that us three idiots made it passed our teen years LOL

Parenting has to be one of the weirdest jobs on the planet. A couple of inexperienced, hormone charged, starry-eyed dreamers, who have no idea what they're really in for, are given sole responsibility for the upbringing of an infant that is only interested in it's own primal urges for the next 18 to 50+ years (or until it becomes a parent).

Every generation of parents in history has believed that the younger generation is bent on self destruction. Tag - it's your turn now.

A guy on my hockey team had to charge his 14 year old daughter for insurance purposes. Two weeks after getting her learner's license, she took Dad's Acura out for a joy ride. She didn't make it 2 blocks before she hit a tree. She's now a responsible young adult.

NO NO NO Lynn!!!!!!!!!!! let him get his learners ASAP and let him drive you around as much as possible so that he won't want to steal it to drive it.

I don't know why, but that does bear some logic....doesn't mean I like it though!

I grew up in the bush in coastal BC, one of my most vivid automobile adventures as a teenager was taking my buddys parents brand new 4 runner for a spin on some loggin roads. Behind that beaver pond that I always talk about there is an old logging road that is now part of the swamp adjacent to it. Well we were having a great time flying through the swamp essentially when suddenly the nose dipped and water was coming over the top of the hood. We made it through but later we stalled the same truck in a rather deep hole. Noone ever did catch us doing this and sometime later the engine of the 4 runner was subject to a recall and the mechanic who did the repair made some off handed comment about water ingress.

And Lynn you don't want to hear about the actual bad things we did. Make Hayden drive from your place to downtown via the deerfoot in rush hour that will cure him of his want to drive.

I keep mine locked away in a secret sub-basement. They've never been a problem so far. :):):)

Seriously, I think mine are angels (16 yr old son and 13 yr old daughter). I tried to raise them right. As they've gotten older they've been allowed more latitude and freedom, along with more responsibility. I don't know if it's making a difference or not, my daughter is almost exactly like her mother, and my son is just like me.

All you can do is love them, provide encouoragement and support, give them the tools they need and let them know what you expect them to do with them. After that, there's not much you can do but send them out into the world.

It's not important that they live a perfect life, what counts is how they deal with and learn from their mistakes.

Guest Jeremie

well i just turned 14 and yeah we are brain dead...... BORROWING MONEY, TAKING CARS, DRINKING etc.. ( not that i do any of that i dont want to screw my future over cuz im gonna want to fly fish like crazy when i have my car ) i went to a grade 9/10/11 party and the place was DESTROYED!!!

But hey its alot of fun and some of us ( more like most of us ) dont know what the fcku were doing...

Guest girlsfishtoo

This isn't that bad compared to the other stories but this was a bad teenager story for me. My teenage daughter and her friend had a brain wave (or not) to sneak out of the house after I had gone to sleep. Not sure where they were going... for a walk I guess according to them.

At about 2:00 a.m. I am awakened to the dog barking profusely and the doorbell ringing. There are 2 policeman at my door accompanying my daughter and her friend. They were apparently making quite a bit of noise and someone had complained and called the police. The girls cried for hours because it scared them so bad, being picked up by the cops, and realizing what they did. I am hoping that was her 1st and last experience with that. I didn't even have this happen with my son who is now an adult. :o Teenage girls seem to pay you back in their teens for being such sweeties before the teen years!!

Guest girlsfishtoo
I think your son was just smart enough not to get caught.....have you asked him?

No but he would have bragged about getting away with it to me by now... Funny thing is that when they don't live at home anymore, they feel like they can be honest with you and confess anything that they did do that they got away with. :flex:

I realize now how lucky I was getting through the teens with him and no cop incidents.

Well speaking of cops, this bad story kind of has a good ending for me.

A couple of days ago, Hayden was walking up the street and a couple of kids (one of whom he works with) confronted him and the other kid (a kid in grade 12 we think) sucker punched him. Broke his glasses, gave him a cut under his eye and a black eye. We called the cops to file a complaint (with no intention of pressing charges) but just wanted the cop to go and talk to this kid to keep it from escalating and to let him know that if this happened again, he'd be taken away to jail and charged with assault. When the cop came to our place to get Hayden's statement, he was very nice and told Hayden he was doing the right thing - take a stand, don't cave to the violence, report something when it needs to be etc. etc. At the end of it all, Hayden was so nice and said "thank you for your time officer" and the cop looked at me and said "you've raised a good kid - keep doing what you're doing". And so - this has allowed me to put things into perspective a bit better. Ya...the reports cards are painful and ya the video games and chores and all that stuff drive me crazy, but I'm not the mother who is getting "that" phone call about her son - and I don't think I ever will be...knock on wood. So he could be much worse - and I'm grateful that he's not. 6 foot 2 and 180 pounds and a gentle soul so far. He could have fought back - Lord knows I would have. But he chose not to and to do the right thing.

Sometimes kids really surprise ya.

Guest girlsfishtoo
"you've raised a good kid - keep doing what you're doing". And so - this has allowed me to put things into perspective a bit better. Ya...the reports cards are painful and ya the video games and chores and all that stuff drive me crazy, but I'm not the mother who is getting "that" phone call about her son - and I don't think I ever will be...knock on wood. So he could be much worse - and I'm grateful that he's not. 6 foot 2 and 180 pounds and a gentle soul so far. He could have fought back - Lord knows I would have. But he chose not to and to do the right thing.

Sometimes kids really surprise ya.

LynnF that makes the stuff that drives you crazy all worth it! :cheers: