Fly Fusion Forums

Dam Insurance Companies Strike Again

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

How on earth is it reasonable to have your insurance go up 37% when costs have come down and no major catostrophies have occurred and no claims have been made.

I am really ticked off at Canadian Direct Insurance. Has anyone else had problems with their home insurance provider lately?

Thanks.

Kevin

Just received my renewal...they did not mention an increase in the letter, I am sure they would need to, will have a closer look when I go home.

I would check out Royal Bank Ins if I was you...I switched last year and saved a pile of cash on auto and home!

There was a news story on something similar to this not that long ago and one of the points that came to light is that some insurance companies deem asking a question about your insurance a claim. There was a person that had their coverage cancelled because of one small claim and a couple of questions.

That really sucks.

Perhaps this will cheer you up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp9Gm-aRe5A

post-126-1233340600.gif

Sundance shop it around. My longtime insurance company tried to jack my rates couple yrs back so I took the whole shootin' match, house, vehicles, business, renters and took it to a bunch of different brokers. Upgraded my coverage and save myself couple grand per yr.

There's something to be said for combining insurance with the same co. We have our house and trailer insurance with the same company but there's no way they could touch my auto insurance quote that I have with someone else. I have never had a claim on any insurance EVER and our trailer insurance went up this year. I got the old "it's a standard industry increase bla bla bla". Wasn't much - just the principle of it that pissed me off.

What REALLY makes me mad is my auto insurance. I pay SFA for my new vehicle (08 Outlook...about $1,058 a year). That's about to change REAL quick when Hayden gets his learner's permit. I don't know what it's gonna turn into but if it doubles you best believe I'm gonna do some yelling. I've been driving for 27 years - never an accident, speeding ticket or claim. I'm a gold star driver by their standards but it doesn't mean squat when you've got a driver under 25 in the house.

Anything insurance makes me irate....all the money I've spent on premiums and I'll bet the day I make a claim it all goes to hell for me.