Fly Fusion Forums

Grey Rods

Flytyer

im not much on the info about greys and how they cast but form waht i understand is they are a UK company.. hardy owns them an di think they are the lower end of the 2 companies in some sence but they do seem too make some nice stuff. when i was working at wholesale i got too check out a few of the rods and reels they had in stock and the gear seemed nice.. had a few clients form teh UK the past few years who lov egreys products. hoep that sort of helps dude! any idea od the rod series? grx grxi or other?

if you are looking for blanks dude try too track down a loop opti peak clank.. they make a 11' 3 and 4 wt.. bin havning my eyes on them for the past 3 years now.. going too pick one up soon.. would be a blast for highsticking.. fast action and lotsa leverage for pullin around them brutes!

sweet dude! send me a few pics if u can! would love too see em.. ive bin messing around iwth steelie stuff lately skunks n whatnot...

I got to do some photo work this weekend so i'll try and fit them in the same session.

I came across a rod that felt nice today .....a Grey 13' 7wt. Anyone familiar with Grey rods? Are they from the UK maybe? Never heard of or seen one prior to today.

Hardy purchased Greys a few years ago,and it has been a very good relationship. Greys doesn't have a #7 Two Hander.... but does have a few very nice rods..the GreyFlex(brown blank) is fast action and very nice in hand....they have other series and new in 2008 was their G-Tec Multi Piece rods..again very nice..

C

Hardy purchased Greys a few years ago,and it has been a very good relationship. Greys doesn't have a #7 Two Hander.... but does have a few very nice rods..the GreyFlex(brown blank) is fast action and very nice in hand....they have other series and new in 2008 was their G-Tec Multi Piece rods..again very nice..

C

Must be an old model then....was definitely a 7 wt. that is what caught my eye first.

They used to have a Greyflex Series and a G series ...the blanks were a deep Bluish Green...and the other was Black.

C

The one I saw appeared to be a greenish black; could be the lighting it was in that made it appear this colour....I plan on going back for a closer look this week if i can make the time.

Were these series decent?

The one I saw appeared to be a greenish black; could be the lighting it was in that made it appear this colour....I plan on going back for a closer look this week if i can make the time.

Were these series decent?

Not really...very heavy and on the soft side...if you are fishing for big fish with heavy lines you would be better off with a faster action more quality rod. If you are dry fly fishing on big waters then this rod will fill the bill.

C